Johan Lange

hippo

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

And i get a feeling Purslow prefers to work under a yes man. Hence the reason he fell out with Benitez and Suso.

If you look at it. If Smith and Lange were gone they would never find a better job.

Suso had worked at clubs like Athletico Madrid and Valencia. Who do you think are more likely to question and be critical towards Purslow?

One of your heroes Rafa Benitez was highly critical of Suso a few months ago. He said something like, I’d ask him for a sofa and he’d buy me a lamp. So who are you going to side with on this one? 

P.S. I’m still sceptical about Purslow but until we see obvious signs of him not doing his job well for Aston Villa, it would be ridiculous to be very critical of him. Not that being ridiculous has ever held you back before. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Stats can be interpreted any way you want really, and I'd imagine the professionals employed by the club to collect and analyze the stats are probably better at it than us. Also, edited YouTube clips are hardly any meaningful source of information beyond getting a cursory feel of what a player might be like. If you've watched him play in live matches then fair play, but otherwise as far as evidence goes, that's all a bit weak tbh.

That's fair enough, I sort of agree even, but that wasn't my point taking this quote'athon further. I just pointed out it was in fact empirical. 

On 16/09/2020 at 21:52, MaVilla said:

I swear lange looks like an evil bond type villain.

In the pics with signings, I keep expecting him to pull a cat out and start stroking it.

james bond GIF

Which one though A or B

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Just wanted to give this guy a little shout out given that all of Martinez, Cash, Watkins and now Traore have put in at least one good performance in their first couple of games.

Of course time will tell whether those signings actually prove to be wise investments but my initial impressions of all of them is that they are significant upgrades in their respective positions. No obvious duds yet either.

Seems like Lange might be doing some good work!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s pretty funny how both Watkins and Traoré both score on their debut and Martinez saves a penalty and keeps a clean sheet on debut. Cash had a good game as well. It would be hard to write a better script for the new signings. 

Can't say this too loudly but maybe our c____e has been lifted

nicole kidman film GIF

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I think both Watkins and Cash were Smith signings. He knows the Championship very well.

Traore. Wasn't he a JT recommendation?

Martinez. Not sure on that one.

I'm fairly sure that if we'd made a bunch of bad signings people would be pinning it at Lange's door. You yourself were very critical (in this thread) about Traore so it's a bit rich to now claim Lange has nothing to do with any of the signings we've made, Traore included.

Logically, Lange would have been involved in all of the transfers, as would other people. Clearly Smith knows and wanted Watkins in particular, but I doubt he'd have been signed if the new sporting director was implacably against it (which he presumably would have been if he thought Watkins was crap). I give both Smith and Lange credit for the good signings made so far this year, and I'll criticise both equally for any bad signings made this year.

So far though we seem to have made an excellent bunch of signings. So well done Lange and Smith.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 2

On 14/09/2020 at 12:34, TrentVilla said:

So 45 days in and Lange has been written off because of a signing we haven't actually made yet which is already been declared a failure which he may or may not be responsible for.

How utterly ridiculous. Anyone got that picture of Fonz on a surfboard?

Good goal from the terrible signing last night 🤣

• Like 1

Speaks volumes about the quality of the side last season that we've signed four starting players and I think many would agree we still need a forward, probably a midfielder, and a defender or two. A phenomenal achievement staying up, absolutely incredible.

zoMQ0HR.png

Grealish obviously quite flexible but it feels like we're closer to a midfielder than a forward right now.

If Engels is done (and I think he is), we need a CB over a midfielder IMO.

Still four spots we could fill there that would get 15-25 apps a season. If we can get two more, we should be in pretty good shape.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â