Johan Lange

hippo

I also think Lange will be using his infrastructure in the British transfer market mainly. There are a lot of talented players in the lower leagues that end up making it to top level and national football.

I would go as far as he has been probably assessing our squad and players for the past month and is further ahead in recruiting young talent than we are aware of.

The academy players must be delighted to know they will be under good guidance. As they may all have individual road maps.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

I went and had a look on the wolves forum and if that doesnt provide some laugh at some of the posts then nothing will:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/aston-villa-rip.285230/page-12, have to start on some of the earlier pages as it gets more entertaining as you go on through. 

I mainly wanted to see what they thought of Johan Lange but sadly there was not much apart from this post from a fan, it maybe the only decent post in there, one of a few at least lol:

His football knowledge is quite good. I doubt his abilities when it comes to scouting and networking though. I know Copenhagen prides themselves in having successfully bought and sold on lots of players with profits in recent years, which is through. However there has also been a bit of hit and miss in some windows
Also it's difficult to see how good he actually is at building a solid structure as Solbakken has been the main man at Copenhagen for years.
So it's a huge unknown for me. He knows his football, but does he have the network or the organisational skills for a club the size of Villa? Also, there's a massive difference between the pool of players Copenhagen looks at and those a team looking to establish themselves in the PL would look at.
I also see some Villa fans think he's very good at finding young players. That's simply not true. He uses to be a youth coach and a good one by the way, but Copenhagen mainly sought to buy players for their first team, leaving development to other teams

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I went and had a look on the wolves forum and if that doesnt provide some laugh at some of the posts then nothing will:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/aston-villa-rip.285230/page-12, have to start on some of the earlier pages as it gets more entertaining as you go on through. 

I mainly wanted to see what they thought of Johan Lange but sadly there was not much apart from this post from a fan, it maybe the only decent post in there, one of a few at least lol:

His football knowledge is quite good. I doubt his abilities when it comes to scouting and networking though. I know Copenhagen prides themselves in having successfully bought and sold on lots of players with profits in recent years, which is through. However there has also been a bit of hit and miss in some windows
Also it's difficult to see how good he actually is at building a solid structure as Solbakken has been the main man at Copenhagen for years.
So it's a huge unknown for me. He knows his football, but does he have the network or the organisational skills for a club the size of Villa? Also, there's a massive difference between the pool of players Copenhagen looks at and those a team looking to establish themselves in the PL would look at.
I also see some Villa fans think he's very good at finding young players. That's simply not true. He uses to be a youth coach and a good one by the way, but Copenhagen mainly sought to buy players for their first team, leaving development to other teams

Comical that both Wolves and Blues have forum pages about Villa with 100's of comments on...........Obsessed

That Wolves forum has five threads on us on the first page, one of them 33 pages long that was started in August of last year, on there it's forty posts to page, so on this forum it would be 66 pages long, go back 66 pages on the Wolves thread on this site and it will take you a lot further back than August of last year, and we've only got one thread for them, they have several different ones for us.

I wouldn't take much notice of what they have to say about Lange, one he had a completely different role with them, and they'll put a negative spin on him as it's us he's joined and they hate us to an obssession.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muriel said:

People who keep saying that we should just take people in from Brentford does not understand the way Brentford are running a business. The reason Brentford is so great is due to the way they analyse data, which is mainly based on numbers from the owners betting company. You can't just take individuals in from Brentford and expect them to be able to find talent unless you also totally revamp the way our entire football club works and at the same time gets access to some good data, which I don't think Brentford is willing to share. I personally believe that the days of just looking at players in games are over, which both Brentford's and Liverpool's successes are great examples at (Midtjylland in Denmark as well). However, it is not as simple as just hiring one guy from Brentford. They don't have a "miracle man" (maybe the owner), but they do have a "miracle organization". 

Exactly. Brentford have access also to Matthew Benham's smartodds company for data and analysis. That's a pretty big company.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I had a look but had to give up. I genuinely couldn’t understand the language a lot of them were using. Finally, I didn’t get the reference to chicken noodle soup games so I came back to VT 😂

Had a look on a Copenhagen forum last night and they didn't seem to be bothered about losing him, apparently they've made a few disappointing purchases of late and it seems they don't know what it actually is that he does, apparently it's someone else who spots the players, FC Copenhagen even said on their website that he wouldn't be replaced as they think they can continue doing what they're doing without him.

I guess we just have to judge him based on what he does with us, will be different circumstances really, there he was very limited in terms of who he was able to sign, and his strategy to attract players was to tell them that if they do well they can get a move to one of the big five leagues, here he will be able to sign a different class of player and they will already be coming to a club playing in one of the 'big five' leagues.

Am little worried about his appointment, have searched all over the net to find some of his successful signings or accomplishment , only a few unknown players sold for profit & the profile & type of those players are quite underwhelming. I am also not sure someone from the Danish league ,  can take us forward ... in this modern era football of the Wolves’s Mengdes / Leed’s  Bielsa or even Brentford etc , it’s hard to be excited about Lange .. let’s hope our owners knows things we don’t 

Â