Johan Lange

hippo

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Every club is a selling club bar 1 or 2. If we want to sustainable then this is how you do it. We as fans need to be patient. Unfortunately a large part of our fan base isn’t or even understands the need to let players develop. Look at Luiz as a prime example.

Liverpool built their Champs League team and PL winning team from Selling Suarez and Coutinho for example 

I expect that the idea with Lange is identify players from lower leagues than can make step up and remove the Copenhagen stepping stone.I can also see us  buying  players with potential and loaning  them out like Chelsea have done.Then they come back good enough for us or they are sold for profit.

• Like 1

We need to build but if FFP is to hang around we need to do so in a sustainable fashion.

We have a chance at keeping Grealish because he’s a villa fan but we won’t have that luxury with others, yes we need to build a good team but we can’t just throw £500M at it and hope it works out, it needs to be planned.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

You are deluded if you think that samatta is a "striker".look at his stats for the last 10 games....

Why would you just look at his last 10 games stats rather than the rest of his career?  He has scored at a bit under a goal every other game which indicates to me he is indeed a 'striker'.

Just because he's come from a club that that brought in players with the express purpose of selling them on for a profit doesn't mean to say he's coming here to do the samething, we'll just want him to find us good players, if they become so very good that it's hard to keep them then they might leave for a profit but I don't think that will be the primiary reason that we're bringing in this guy.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

because they were buying low..playing those players in europe and using the "they have played in the europa league" to inflate the asking prices..

Do you think buying players for 800k and selling them for 8m is going to work with the villa?.

The whole thing smacks to me of turning us into a selling club like brentford...We need to be building a team to compete in europe not to sell them on in 12 months imo

Weird take. Can appreciate people being cautious but I do not understand this mentality.
There is absolutely nothing to suggest we will be buying players for 800k and trying to sell them for 8m.
If anything, we would be trying to take it to a different level. Signing £15-30m players and selling them for £60m. Obviously this is pure speculation too, but it seems more likely than your take on the situation imo.
The proof will be in the pudding, but fundamentally buy low and sell high is a sound philosophy for any club. That philosophy scales and Brentford's structure of doing it isn't the only structure. 
Luckily the transfer window is open now so it won't be long until we find out. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh and just a thought - isn't FA Copenhagen the club that Wes Edens Fortress Fund was linked with investing in last year? Coincidence?

Crikey - yes good spot - I'm not used to this thing they call 'planning ahead'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh and just a thought - isn't FA Copenhagen the club that Wes Edens Fortress Fund was linked with investing in last year? Coincidence?

If he'd been in Edens' ear about his expertise in analysis could explain Wes' comments about good data being crucial to recruitment.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Think that was Lyngby, just outside of Copenhagen.

• Like 1

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-parken-sport-m-a/shares-in-fc-copenhagen-owner-boosted-by-takeover-talk-idUKKCN1P20XJ

The investors, backed by U.S. fund Fortress Investment Group, would pay 105-120 crowns ($16.1-18.4) per share, Inside Business reported, based on conversations with several sources close to the matter.

Wes Edens, the co-founder of Fortress, bought a stake in English Championship side Aston Villa, along with Egyptian billionaire Nassef Sawiris, last July.

• Thanks 1

It was Xia who was trying to buy Lyngby, Wyness even gave an interview where he was talking about building them a new stadium, a couple of months later we nearly went out of business, so not sure how we were going to manage that.

Edens' was linked with buying Copenhagen in January of last year.

Edited by useless

Â