Johan Lange

hippo

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

because they were buying low..playing those players in europe and using the "they have played in the europa league" to inflate the asking prices..

Do you think buying players for 800k and selling them for 8m is going to work with the villa?.i dont

I don't think this is the thing you think it is.

As to your second point, the aim is clearly to do it at a higher level.

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

because they were buying low..playing those players in europe and using the "they have played in the europa league" to inflate the asking prices..

Do you think buying players for 800k and selling them for 8m is going to work with the villa?.i dont

Any club buying a player because they've played in the Europa League and not because they're think they're a good player is a mug.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Any club buying a player because they've played in the Europa League and not because they're think they're a good player is a mug.

What like Samatta..his main selling point was that he had scored  in europe..look how he turned out

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

Im sceptical of of this role and the impact it has. that said this looks like quite a good appointment IMO - hes seems to a reasonable record of finding budget players. Most importantly for me he chose to leave copenhagen to come to villa, sure hes probably had a pay rise - but equally Purslow most of convinced him that villa are going places.

I expected we would run with an SD for a while - seems the club aren't mucking about.

All good IMO.

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah try and give him 1 more year at least with the added quality around him and see what we do

The key word is sustainable

They obviously want us to hit the heights but not necessarily at the cost of £150m to themselves every summer 

Flipping players is dependant on them being quality too so I don't see why it's such a dirty concept, the only issue with it is eventually the conveyor belt goes through young, milner, downing and lands at nzogbia... 

I like the sustainable approach, just my personal preference. 

TBF there was, and has been until recently, seemingly very little structural organisation post-MON, certainly not to the level that club is currently trying to develop. N'zogbia was a lazy signing for instance. We have been surpassed by the likes of Southampton, Leicester and Wolves. Every club, bar a select few, needs to flip players. I think we as fans just have an inherent (and justified) fear based on past experience. Transfer success has been completely random (mostly shite) so we cling to the good ones. 

*Although, we had a half-hearted approach at it with Paddy O'Reilly. Which, with the fullness of time, appeared more hit than miss. Just was not a stable squad or environment in which to develop those players. The seasoned pros that were brought in to replace Vlaar, Delph, hell Cleverly and Benteke were not good enough. Need to not make the same mistake again. Has to be a balanced approach. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

What like Samatta..his main selling point was that he had scored  in europe..look how he turned out

Yes. If we signed him because he'd scored one goal in Europe and not because we thought he was good, that was stupid.

As it is, he's the best striker at the club and started every game of the final four that kept us up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Do you think buying players for 800k and selling them for 8m is going to work with the villa?.

The whole thing smacks to me of turning us into a selling club like brentford...We need to be building a team to compete in europe not to sell them on in 12 months imo

Lots on inbetween those two lines though. to extent we will always be a selling club - but if the likes of Manu , Barca come in for our players - they are going to want to go. If however we are making big profits and invest those profits wisely that to me a signal we are moving in the right direction.

I really want Grealish to stay - but if he goes the £80m or so can hopefully make us a better team if invested wisley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes. If we signed him because he'd scored one goal in Europe and not because we thought he was good, that was stupid.

As it is, he's the best striker at the club and started every game of the final four that kept us up.

You are deluded if you think that samatta is a "striker".look at his stats for the last 10 games....

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

We want good players to keep and improve the team , not sell at profit , the owners have substantial cash 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Every club is a selling club bar 1 or 2. If we want to sustainable then this is how you do it. We as fans need to be patient. Unfortunately a large part of our fan base isn’t or even understands the need to let players develop. Look at Luiz as a prime example.

Bring in good players to improve the team but hopefully keep our best players if possible , obviously if they are that good they will move on eventually but in doing we as a team will hopefully improve 

This is very exciting.

If nothing else, this should bring us some knowledge of the Nordic leagues where there's a lot of talent.

We'll probably only know in a year or two if this guy is actually the brains of the operation at Copenhagen, they are the people you need to get in. They could promote a 30 year old now who did all the hard yards to gain success.

It's interesting the site mentions he'll report direct to the owners. Balague's Suso tweets, though probably coming out solely to protect Suso, hinted at the same thing and that Purslow didn't like it.

With everyone on the same page and we can have a really successful few years here.

• Like 1

Â