Johan Lange

hippo

On 05/08/2021 at 10:07, randy_69 said:

Agreed. Eight I think. Atkinson/Staunton/Regis/teale/Richardson/sealey/Ehiogu/ mortimer.

less said about the Mortimer fiasco the better though!

Then famously and hilariously Karen Brady said to Big Ron, “It must be great having your son playing for you.” 🤣

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interesting article just put out by The Athletic & Gregg Evans(yes I know) about Lange. Some mentions of his time at Wolves and other tidbits. 

Johan Lange: the quiet man plotting Aston Villa's revolution – The Athletic

Thought that this quote was very interesting, apparently a new data analyst/ recruitment person will be joining in the immediate future.

At Bodymoor Heath, Lange is also putting together a talented data team in a bid to out-think some of Villa’s Premier League rivals and to create a culture where data-based decision-making is crucial.

The club already has data analysts placed within the first team and recruitment team, but the new hire in this department — thought to be working their notice currently at another club — will look to leverage their work across the club as a whole. The focus of this new unit will also be to build for the future, rather than the here and now.

Lange hired Frederik Leth from Copenhagen as Villa’s head of research early this year. He is a bright 28-year-old who has aspirations to follow in the footsteps of the man who has shown faith in him.

Edited by Villaphan04
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Very interesting article just put out by The Athletic & Gregg Evans(yes I know) about Lange. Some mentions of his time at Wolves and other tidbits. 

Thought that this quote was very interesting, apparently a new data analyst/ recruitment person will be joining in the immediate future.

I know someone who works as an analyst at Bodymoor Heath, not studying the players but purely analysing the performance levels of the coaching staff. It's clear we're at least investing in breaking away from those clubs only interested in surviving in the PL.

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is anyone analysing the performance levels of the people analysing the performance levels of the coaching staff who are responsible for the performance levels of the players?

And if so who is analysing their performance?

I think we have an expected stats department dedicated solely to this, or the Ex. Dep. for short. They analyse the expected performance of the statistics used to determine if the coaching staff are performing to the level expected from them. Ex. Cabbage for short. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think we have an expected stats department dedicated solely to this, or the Ex. Dep. for short. They analyse the expected performance of the statistics used to determine if the coaching staff are performing to the level expected from them. Ex. Cabbage for short. 

I'm really curious what this would actually look like. What data would show how the coaches were performing and how would they contrast that against the coach doing well but the player being at fault or not buying in? Admittedly part of the coach's duties is to get the players to buy in. 

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Is anyone analysing the performance levels of the people analysing the performance levels of the coaching staff who are responsible for the performance levels of the players?

And if so who is analysing their performance?

I asked and he said 'BMH is now just a hall of mirrors, infinitely reflecting back on itself with nowhere to hide'.

It's the set being used for the next Matrix movie.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Oh Gregg, another superficial article without any detail to get your teeth into. Most of his articles are like that. Seems like he has no contacts at the club at all.

He talks about us using "analytics" and being "unique". Well, in case you didn't know, every team have been using analytics for a while now. I would like to know what we are actually doing that is unique, but you won't get that from Greg's articles.

• Thanks 1

Â