Johan Lange

hippo

Just now, Jareth said:

What was the name of the guy who transformed Southampton? Just cannot remember it!

Nicolas Cortezi

dunno whatever happened to him - but he would want more control than I think villa are prepared to give - he would be more suited to the Purslow role IMO ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Why did none of our youth players come through in the championship then? Only green and Davis and thet haven't exactly lit the world on fire. Players need to play to develop and we simply haven't been giving them the opportunity. 

I agree, more opportunity haste be given to these young lads or we simply wont be seeing a Youth break through for a long time, especially in time for when they should be breaking through.

Have to balance signings out with bringing Youth through. Remember you get a Youth pop through and they save the club money because it's more cost effective for a while and no massive sign fee. Other clubs do t seem to have a problem with the playing of youngsters,we shouldnt be any different.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Have to balance signings out with bringing Youth through. Remember you get a Youth pop through and they save the club money because it's more cost effective for a while and no massive sign fee. Other clubs do t seem to have a problem with the playing of youngsters,we shouldnt be any different.

Best to let youth out on loan to the Championship so they get good game time, improve and the loaning club pays their salary whilst they are there.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I agree, more opportunity haste be given to these young lads or we simply wont be seeing a Youth break through for a long time, especially in time for when they should be breaking through.

I really don't think we have anyone who is ready for the prem. If we had Im sure DS would put them in. I was surprised to see Doyle-Hayes leaves - but I trust the villa staff to have made the right call.

We seem to be hoovering up a lot of 16 year olds - which IMO is a good move. In recent times both Jack and Gareth Barry hit the first team at 17 years old. Keeping players 21+ who aren't near the first team is a waste of everyone time.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Best to let youth out on loan to the Championship so they get good game time, improve and the loaning club pays their salary whilst they are there.

To be honest I think if a championship club wanted a youth player from villa on loan we would take them up on the offer. The championship though is quite competitive nowadays - they won't just take players for the hell of it....look at the players we loaned whilst in the championship - Snodgrass, Abrahams, Mings, AT - Do we have anyone of that calibre in the u23's ???  

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

OK - of course he did. what I meant was he was a villa youth product playing in the championship - but I think you already knew that.

Not really sure who you were expecting a fee for ? - Green and O'Hare, Sarkic, Doyle-Hayes, Sulliman    did go out on loan ? - but basically if you aren't cutting it in league one - or even if you are any fee received is going to be nominal ? 

Also there has got to be a club willing to take players on loan.

We seem to be meandering all over the place here. My general point is I would only expect the academy to produce a couple of players to cut it at first team level at any one time - whats the point you are trying to make ?  

O'hare got signed by the team we loaned him to. If we had loaned him out before we could have got 300-400k for him which would cover the expenses of another group of youth players quite nicely. That is what the top teams do. Their youth players get game time for league 1 and championship clubs and if they aren't good enough for the prem they sell them for under 1 million but that helps cover a bunch of youth signings like Barry and any other players we sign in the future. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

To be honest I think if a championship club wanted a youth player from villa on loan we would take them up on the offer. The championship though is quite competitive nowadays - they won't just take players for the hell of it....look at the players we loaned whilst in the championship - Snodgrass, Abrahams, Mings, AT - Do we have anyone of that calibre in the u23's ???  

Other players on loan in the Championship include Jan Mlakar, Alex Dobre, Marc Guehi and Izzy Brown.

I've never heard of these guys so they might be fantastic but on the other hand they might not be that much better than some of our academy players?

Aston Villa to appoint FC Copenhagen technical director Johan Lange as their new Sporting Director. Replaces Jesus Garcia Pitarch. Lange worked as assistant to Stale Solbakken during his spell as Wolves manager.

Phil Mcnulty reporting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Aston Villa to appoint FC Copenhagen technical director Johan Lange as their new Sporting Director. Replaces Jesus Garcia Pitarch. Lange worked as assistant to Stale Solbakken during his spell as Wolves manager.

Phil Mcnulty reporting 

Excellent appointment if true. His success with Copenhagen this year was down to good player acquisition.

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Excellent appointment if true. His success with Copenhagen this year was down to good player acquisition.

It is true, official twitter has just sent it out!! 

Â