Summer Goners 2020

maqroll

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

So far Sarkic, Green & Chester have left. Drinkwater & Reina returned to parent clubs.

Would it be fair to say we will also see the departures of Lansbury, Jota, Hogan, & Taylor in this window?

Think you could be right, maybe only Taylor will stay if we can’t get a suitable replacement.

The others mentioned though should hopefully be offloaded. 

I’d probably add Kalinic to that list too 

• Like 3

On 30/07/2020 at 18:18, srsmithusa said:

i disagree, he's not entitled to nonsense and you're not entitled to leave him entitled to nonsense.   more subs and breaks undermine the fitness and work rate that is essential to the game.  in my nonsensical opinion of course.

I agree that drinks breaks ruin the game a little BUT I also think they work massively in our favour vs bigger teams since they break up any sustained pressure and let us tactically reset. We wouldn’t have beaten Arsenal 1-0 in that crucial game without them. So I’m somewhat sad they have been ditched.

• Like 1

Noticed our old academy keeper Siegrist or something was in the Dundee squad. How's he doing? Anyone caught him playing in Scotland? 

Googled him and said he was 28. Blew my mind. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Noticed our old academy keeper Siegrist or something was in the Dundee squad. How's he doing? Anyone caught him playing in Scotland? 

Googled him and said he was 28. Blew my mind. 

I watched him play last week on BBC Alba for Dundee United vs St. Johnstone in 1-1 draw. 

He had a good game he had no chance with the goal. Watched him few times for Dundee United.

Our other ex youth team keeper Elliott Parish was in goal for St. Johnstone

Watched on Sky Sport's both leg's of Scottish Premiership Play-Offs for Dundee United  vs St Mirren in May 2019.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

Were stuck with Lansbury for another year, we wont find a club silly enough to take his wages up.

What's he on and how long is his contract still on for now??

On 11/08/2020 at 00:20, Wes said:

Nyland wanted by two clubs in Germany according to a journalist on twitter.

Yeah seen that in the paper earlier schalke and Mainz, as supposedly we offered him a new 2 year deal earlier in season and he rejected it, hopefully we can get rid for a few million 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

There should be a clause in every contract stating that "If your shit,really shit.. aston villa have the right to cut your pay to 5 quid a kebab per month"

would make sense for Bruce last 3 months

On 09/08/2020 at 16:34, sir_gary_cahill said:

I saw that a few months ago on google, I always thought he was a good prospect when he played for us, then again, they all are :(

TBF on this one he had a really good pedigree when we signed him. Under 17 world cup winner with Swiss in 2009 and in 2012 he was part of their Olympic squad. Was also part of their under 21 squad at euro 2011.

We got him and loaned him out to Burton (in league 2), Cambridge also in league 2 and Solihull Moors so not sure how that was supposed to prepare him for being back up at premier league level and so his career stalled.

Compare that to Sarkic who got a good loan to SPL and probably if he wanted to stay would've had a good shot at being number 2 this season so that would've been example of how a good loan pushed his career along.

Talking of keepers I see there was mention that Mainz and Schalke were interested in Nyland.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Feels like he's been here 8 years. Never ending contract.

He signed what is known as a Shay Given contract. Shay’s deal is however now running down with only 6 years left. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

I'd like to see some players out on loan.

Definitely Vassilev and Ramsey. Get them both to teams where they're playing at least 3,500 mins this season.

League One or Championship doesn't matter really. Let's see what they're made of as main men in squads. Ramsey started so well for Donny last year.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

On 09/08/2020 at 15:15, AvfcRigo82 said:

So far Sarkic, Green & Chester have left. Drinkwater & Reina returned to parent clubs.

Would it be fair to say we will also see the departures of Lansbury, Jota, Hogan, & Taylor in this window?

Taylor is the only player that performed a significant role last season that I would be willing to lose.  Hogan, Baston, lansbury, and Jota barely played 500 minutes between them and can all be shipped. Taylor played over 1000 minutes and I'd be fine keeping him as a backup if we needed to prioritise other signings. Losing anyone else that played so much, with all the dross we need to remove, is just too much turnover for me.  Hopefully we're not in the position where we have to keep Taylor, but I won't be upset if we do.