Jump to content

Summer Goners 2020

Topic will be automatically locked at 23:00


Recommended Posts

We're already according to some player lists that other posters have posted approx 6/7 players down. I'd rather not lose too many that were starting games. Summer 21/22 is when the likes of Samatta Trez etc should be made available. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great news. I hope all the changes stay. Particularly extra subs and drink breaks. Great for the game and player safety imho. I dont mind ad breaks at all.

I disagree. Before you know it, we’ll have american situations where ads are interrupted to show you football. (Big stretch, I know). It all takes the tempo our of the game. No doubt someone will find this to be profitable and UEFA/FIFA/FA will make this permanent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AXD said:

I disagree. Before you know it, we’ll have american situations where ads are interrupted to show you football. (Big stretch, I know). It all takes the tempo our of the game. No doubt someone will find this to be profitable and UEFA/FIFA/FA will make this permanent.

In America we can drink a beer where and when we damn well please during a game. So there are benefits to stealing some of our best features :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyland, Jota, Hogan, Lansbury and Bree should be the first 5 out. Last 4 are draining a wage, and Nyland is turd.

Everyone else Id probably keep for squad depth if they allow 9 subs named again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports suggesting jota el ghazi samatta and lansbury all be allowed to leave.

I have no objection to any of them leaving

What reports?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

In America we can drink a beer where and when we damn well please during a game. So there are benefits to stealing some of our best features :)

That wouldn’t work here..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

In America we can drink a beer where and when we damn well please during a game. So there are benefits to stealing some of our best features :)

Yeah but the downside is that it's American beer.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great news. I hope all the changes stay. Particularly extra subs and drink breaks. Great for the game and player safety imho. I dont mind ad breaks at all.

Is this sarcastic? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nope, dead serious. Massive improvement to the game. No downsides I have seen.

Madness, every change thats being made in recent years is to benefit the elite, its becoming more like Formula1 every year, every sport should be about winning and if that's impossible then whats the point. VAR will stay, 5 subs, breaks etc will stay, next will be specialist kickers allowed to come on for free kicks, corners and penalties.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Madness, every change thats being made in recent years is to benefit the elite, its becoming more like Formula1 every year, every sport should be about winning and if that's impossible then whats the point. VAR will stay, 5 subs, breaks etc will stay, next will be specialist kickers allowed to come on for free kicks, corners and penalties.

 Aston Villa is an elite club. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nope, dead serious. Massive improvement to the game. No downsides I have seen.

Okay, I disagree entirely but you’re obviously entitled to your view.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Great news. I hope all the changes stay. Particularly extra subs and drink breaks. Great for the game and player safety imho. I dont mind ad breaks at all.

VAR... five subs... drinks breaks...  Three of the four horsemen of the (football) apocalypse as far as I’m concerned. I’m not sure what the fourth will be – a European Super League perhaps – but when it arrives I can see myself sticking to Villa history books and non-league games, while leaving the bloated “product” to its target audiences.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

In America we can drink a beer where and when we damn well please during a game. So there are benefits to stealing some of our best features :)

But it will be weak pissy beer so where is the gain? 

beer GIF by BEERLANDfh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

VAR... five subs... drinks breaks...  Three of the four horsemen of the (football) apocalypse as far as I’m concerned. I’m not sure what the fourth will be – a European Super League perhaps – but when it arrives I can see myself sticking to Villa history books and non-league games, while leaving the bloated “product” to its target audiences.

4 quarters? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay, I disagree entirely but you’re obviously entitled to your view.

i disagree, he's not entitled to nonsense and you're not entitled to leave him entitled to nonsense.   more subs and breaks undermine the fitness and work rate that is essential to the game.  in my nonsensical opinion of course.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

4 quarters? 

Well, true, though I am already taking that as a given after these phoney “drinks breaks”. Who will be the first Sky pundit to refer to the “third period” etc.? No doubt it will be wrapped up in analytics and made to look very progressive (“Look at the amount of goals they concede in quarter one compared to quarter four...”). And then it will be just a small step to four official quarters. Yep, the marketing men always find a way.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

So far Sarkic, Green & Chester have left. Drinkwater & Reina returned to parent clubs.

Would it be fair to say we will also see the departures of Lansbury, Jota, Hogan, & Taylor in this window?

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â