The survival thread!

Genie

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe Bournemouth would be stupid enough to think that 1 decision would directly correlate to them staying up. FA won’t be happy because VAR missed it too and it shines a big light on that. 

Never in a million years will they get anything out of it (apart from ridicule).

You can go through the whole season and point to mistakes VAR have made. They are clutching at straws. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe Bournemouth would be stupid enough to think that 1 decision would directly correlate to them staying up. FA won’t be happy because VAR missed it too and it shines a big light on that. 

Never in a million years will they get anything out of it (apart from ridicule).

100%. 

image.jpeg.64ea3f5a52b4f43bda140dbf63fae788.jpeg Top 5 KIDS Who HATE LOSING! (Sore Losers, Fortnite, Monopoly ...

8 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I do wonder of Bournemouth might appeal that Hawkeye decision or should I say lack of decision. 

It'll be an appeal for the financial side of it as opposed to staying up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

It'll be an appeal for the financial side of it as opposed to staying up.

I’m not sure what there is to appeal? They said it was working correctly, it was just the 1 in a million scenario of players blocking views in real time. I’m sure they don’t say it’s 100% accurate 100% of the time.

Its like complaining to Durex that you got your secretary pregnant using one of their condoms. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

It’s a total nonsense; what about that penalty against Man Utd, the FA admitted that was an error but there’s no legal recourse for us to change that result. One event in a game doesn’t equal it’s outcome necessarily.

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure what there is to appeal? 

But, but, but a referee / tech made a mistake! That's never happened before.

I guess they're just chancing their arm to see if they can wangle some cash. Don't really blame them for having a go, but I don't rate their chances.

• Like 1

The more and more i think about this amazing survival, coupled with coming up thru playoffs......it galvanizes people. Well be a different team and club next season, this really could be the turning point for us! UTV!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s a total nonsense; what about that penalty against Man Utd, the FA admitted that was an error but there’s no legal recourse for us to change that result. One event in a game doesn’t equal it’s outcome necessarily.

Or the Grealish yellow at Palace. Or the 3 VAR howlers at Arsenal. There's a table out there of how it would look if VAR was out of the picture, and Bournemouth still go down and we stay up. In fact, we actually move up a place!

• Like 4

The alleged Bournemouth pursuit of VAR is BS. The Premier League will never allow it, the repercussions for every error in retrospect is never ending.

In any event it doesn’t come down to one single wrong decision, its the ‘butterfly effect’: its every match, every event right or wrong throughout the season for all teams. It’s a matrix, every single event/decision/action/inaction is relevant.

Edited by thunderball

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m not sure what there is to appeal? They said it was working correctly, it was just the 1 in a million scenario of players blocking views in real time. I’m sure they don’t say it’s 100% accurate 100% of the time.

Its like complaining to Durex that you got your secretary pregnant using one of their condoms. 

Absolutely spot on. 

87C8E444-38EA-4828-B412-EFEC6FB12520.jpeg.37af5cd1c6b564f5a9023301cca7a2e6.jpeg

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, momo said:

Well...Grealish was about 11 years old

But 15 months prior to that he ran rings around a Liverpool team at Wembley. There was definitely an argument for him to be starting.

The Times have produced a revised Premiership table. Based on each teams points if VAR had not been in operation. We would have had two more points than we actually had, and Bournemouth one less point. Puts all the bellyaching about the one incident against Sheffield Utd into context. incidentally with no VAR, the same 3 teams would have been relegated.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 19:46, Keyblade said:

Or the Grealish yellow at Palace. Or the 3 VAR howlers at Arsenal. There's a table out there of how it would look if VAR was out of the picture, and Bournemouth still go down and we stay up. In fact, we actually move up a place!

I`m sure our Friend Kevin had a really bad day on sunday 😃😎

On 28/07/2020 at 09:13, deeps said:

We’ve come a long way....

32A5C361-C430-4377-A257-5541EE134A9A.jpeg

its amazing to look back at how rubbish that team was, and thats after we spent 85m + on new signings after getting relegated, absolutely shocking.

What stands out for me, is hope did we intend to create goals?, that team has no creativity at all really, shocking.

would have kept Gollini tho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

its amazing to look back at how rubbish that team was, and thats after we spent 85m + on new signings after getting relegated, absolutely shocking.

What stands out for me, is hope did we intend to create goals?, that team has no creativity at all really, shocking.

would have kept Gollini tho.

Yeah Gollini is a very good keeper. Real shame the club messed up his time here.

• Like 1