The survival thread!

Genie

6 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Think about it - apart from about 3-4 games when Wes was playing well, we've pretty much done it without a striker too. 

Yeah. Our defence and midfield have been largely ok all season, we’ve survived pretty much without strikers. 

17 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Think about it - apart from about 3-4 games when Wes was playing well, we've pretty much done it without a striker too. 

I said it in the smith thread. Got to be a record. A team surviving with 6 goals from their strikers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I lost £150 today 😁 worth it.

I had £30 riding on today's game, which is nothing and I'm delighted to lose it, but due to getting a bet in during the brief period that we were 1-0 up, I would've stood to win £600 if we'd gone down.

But honestly, so glad to lose out on that. 😁

I texted the guy that sits next to me at VP earlier and joked that the next time we see each other it could be either Liverpool or Wycombe. 

It's difficult to really process how important those last 10mins or so were. 

Absolutely Incredible achievement that could prove to be a pivotal moment in the club's history. 

Just now, Mantis said:

I had £30 riding on today's game, which is nothing and I'm delighted to lose it, but due to getting a bet in during the brief period that we were 1-0 up, I would've stood to win £600 if we'd gone down.

But honestly, so glad to lose out on that. 😁

I was dipping money in and out, got to the point where I put it all on us to go down and would have won over £2k, but to me that money never existed so it’d be £150 and worth every penny.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Makes the achievement all the more incredible