I’m Sick of The Flaming Derby Already.

JohnCresswell

I really do think it has to do with where you live John.

When you live and work alongside the great unwashed it does change things, it does become about bragging rights and the game plays a much bigger role in the life of a Villa supporter.

This fixture should be a celebration of football in the city and something for both sides to relish. I look on in envy at the mersyside derby and see Liverpool and Everton sharing the stands together.

then you sir have been sucked up by the big scouse myth

they hate each other just as much as any derby

Tom Toss always goes on about this and it shows what he knows - nothing

when I see the Mail give pro Blooz articles this week and claim half our players are wanted then i matters

it matters when the council are having a go at us but leaving them out

it matters on so manyy levels that unless you live in Brum or nearby you can simply not understand

I've lived and worked in and around Brum all my life, and worked with many fans from small heath, (baggies and wolves for that matter too).

I'll wake up on Sunday, full of mixed emotions from nerves to exictiment and expectation. I cant wait to see the game - it matters!

When we win, I'll go to work on Monday and give it both barrels to the noses in the office.

But what really matters is that we collect 3 points and move closer to European football and continue the progress of the club. Winning the derby is all Small Heath can ever hope to acheive, we're Villa and have bigger fish to fry.

However, I just dont feel the need to punch or throw a bottle at some 14 yearold kid wearing a blue shirt. I'd rather see Gabby hit a hat trick and then celebrate.

As for Mersyside, it's no myth. You see it on the telly and I've been myself. Sure there are pockets but you dont get the mass hostility that happens here.

This fixture should be a celebration of football in the city and something for both sides to relish. I look on in envy at the mersyside derby and see Liverpool and Everton sharing the stands together.

Ian

No they don't, its all a facade. Scouse derbies are diddly squat, I know in my youth I have sat in the Gladwys Street with a Liverplop shirt on and vice versa, (Yes I was young c1974) . Merseyside derbies are shit (bit of banter but that's it), no passion.

I have never lived in B'Ham but I still feel the same passion you do.

Fantastic Article! Ever since I was a little kid I always dreaded this match - mostly because of the mindless idiots who made the game one of paranoia. Perhaps the biggest issue I have is the fact that the favorite "celebration" song at VP is taunting Small Heath. Why????? I can understand it when we are playing them, but honestly, is that the best we can come up with when beating other teams??? Lets use our energy to get behind the boys instead of ragging on the meaningless team from five miles away.

To those of you who are bothered by their fans "talking about it" - do you really CARE what they think? Since I can remember, Birmingham fans have been good at one thing - making up ridiculous comments about how Villa's history is meaningless and they are a big club.......

Tom Toss always goes on about this and it shows what he knows - nothing

when I see the Mail give pro Blooz articles this week and claim half our players are wanted then i matters

it matters when the council are having a go at us but leaving them out

it matters on so manyy levels that unless you live in Brum or nearby you can simply not understand

They hate each other so much they openly sell tickets to sit with each other red and blue, that happening on Sunday?

I'd tend to agree with Ian, but I have to say that I don't know for sure either way. I'd like to hear gareth's (Bicks) take on this.

Do Evernot-Liverpool fans hate each other as much as Villa-Blues?

But they openly sell and seat opposition fans together, does that happen at Villa/Small Heath and why does it happen?

Do they?

In what ways do they do this, or promote it?

But they openly sell and seat opposition fans together, does that happen at Villa/Small Heath and why does it happen?

Do they?

In what ways do they do this, or promote it?

Well on tv and when i have friends that have gone, blues openly sit with reds with their shits on etc and celebrating, are they removed? Dont think so as they point it out on tv everytime in an over the top manor.

I fail to see how this means that "they" (being the club selling the tickets for the game) are "openly selling and seating oppostiton fans together".

More just a case of the fans and stewards overlooking the odd fan or two in the "wrong end" , so to speak.

Bu i'm still awaiting Bicks' final word on this.

I do not believe that this is promoted as "open, sit where you like game".

I fail to see how this means that "they" (being the club selling the tickets for the game) are "openly selling and seating oppostiton fans together".

More just a case of the fans and stewards overlooking the odd fan or two in the "wrong end" , so to speak.

The final word? :?

Ok then, would it be allowed at VP, would Birmingham fans sit with Villa fans and discuses and enjoy the game? Sky like showing (rather sickingly) every time there is a merseyside derby!

So as with the original point, its good to see rather than just hate!

Honestly, living in New Orleans USA I have to say I don't agree at all. Though I know J,Cress is a top bloke and top poster and one of the reasons I log into this site, I must say I can't agree. and on a couple accounts.

First, if Manure United said the same about Not-so-massive Citeh they'd be considered arrogant clearings in the woods. Everyone has thier derbies and if we were in the other boat we'd consider ourselves arrogant.

Second, the ball is round and reason enough for any club to play any club. Didn't we get outfoxed by Leicester?

Third, they're playing just as good football as us since the half.

Fourth, I don't want to berate the midlands as if we're so far above everyone one. While I love being the pride of the midlands I don't want WestBrom/Wolves/Kiddy to ever think there's never a real chance to make it. Seriously, I'm **** done with the gloryhunting london cockney clubs.

We kicked the shit out of EVerton and they've got a bigger vagina on their side than Small Heath Alliance in Arteta...I hope that bitch chips a nail.

Simply can't agree. Honestly, do you think Manure Udt say the same...especially since unmassive citeh aren't fighting for piss; same for Tottenham/Arse.

Even though Athletico spanked Barca and not ranking at all do you think Barca acted like it didn't matter?

Because I'm in New Orleans I feel your sentiments about the crime that may go on between the respective gloryhunting hooligans and can't really feel so much like I'm the authority on the matter at all...

But I do know it aint' a Derby for nothing, and tradition willing I hope it won't ever be. I hate that shit lot and I hope to always be a helping hand to relegating their crass asses out everytime they dingyly sneak themselves up to our level.

I don't rate the Everton match higher than this with the filth.

The final word? :?

Ok then, would it be allowed at VP, would Birmingham fans sit with Villa fans and discuses and enjoy the game? Sky like showing (rather sickingly) every time there is a merseyside derby!

So as with the original point, its good to see rather than just hate!

Did you not know Bicks is Mr Liverpool? :lol: :winkold:

he is the soothsayer on all things scouse ....... :)

agree on the final 2 points fella.

Well on tv and when i have friends that have gone, blues openly sit with reds with their shits on

That's just scatty !

:lol:

that'd be the Vindaloo the night before :P

I expect sunderland to stay up for the next few years and I think that derby will lose intensity over the next few years.

No chance. The North East Derby is the most intense in English football and I'd argue is only beaten by the Glasgow in terms of intensity in the world. And that has hardly lacked intensity despite them playing each other at least 4 times a season, has it?

I agree about the North London and others though, and regular games have caused this dip. But Mackems and Geordies hatred is in a different league in my experience.

Â