Championship Play Offs

andykeenan

54 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Unpopular opinion on here but no way is Benrahma a £25-30m player. Looks lightweight to me, dare I say not too dissimilar to a certain Jota? If he can look this lightweight in a championship game then I’d be concerned about him in the weekly physical challenge of the Premier League. I’ve watched him in the 1st leg at Swansea and the 1st half today, and I’m not seeing enough to tell me he’s anything other than a £10-15m gamble. We’d have to put him on an immediate strength programme and be patient with him.

Update; that’s two full games I’ve watched Benrahma, small sample granted. But it’s a no from me. If he was 18/19yrs old you might take a speculative punt on him, but he’s the same age as Grealish, and Grealish bossed the championship and has bossed a few Premier League games. Benrahma has been bossed the games I’ve seen him and produced nothing. Just my opinion but he’s not what we need for premier league. For £30m I’d want pace, power, and tenacity as a minimum. I’d sooner pay £45m for Sarr from Watford.

2 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Update; that’s two full games I’ve watched Benrahma, small sample granted. But it’s a no from me. If he was 18/19yrs old you might take a speculative punt on him, but he’s the same age as Grealish, and Grealish bossed the championship and has bossed a few Premier League games. Benrahma has been bossed the games I’ve seen him and produced nothing. Just my opinion but he’s not what we need for premier league. For £30m I’d want pace, power, and tenacity as a minimum. I’d sooner pay £45m for Sarr from Watford.

TBH, Benrahma bossed the Championship this season like Jack did the previous.  He's having an off night.  

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

TBH, Benrahma bossed the Championship this season like Jack did the previous.  He's having an off night.  

Anyone is entitled to an off night. However, you’d still be expected to track back, to show desire, to show tenacity. I don’t see any of that from Benrahma, and he looks weak as Fosters. He’s nowhere near the level of Grealish 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Not judging him on a few matches, but I think, suspect, have a feeling he's been hyped up by a few members on here who think flair and fancy dribbles equates a very good footballer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not judging him on a few matches, but I think, suspect, have a feeling he's been hyped up by a few members on here who think flair and fancy dribbles equates a very good footballer. 

17 goals and 9 assists in the league this season, I imagine it's a fair bit more than just fancy dribbles.

• Like 1

Â