Championship Play Offs

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Do Fulham have much of the squad they got relegated with? I dont recognise any of them

Commentator said 9 earlier from the final against us though I assume that’s across both the team and the bench.

Fulham done really well so far. Imagine saying at start of season they'd start a play off final without any of Mitrovic, Cavaleiro or Knockaert starting so they have those three as impact sub options.

Brentford need to turn up second half otherwise it will be another game they let slip through their fingers and no more chances after tonight.

Fulham winning the midfield battle here. Benrahma is drifting deeper and deeper like Jack for us.

Onomah and Carney have been excellent.

Brentford's forwards have been quiet but they are feeding off scraps.

It very much reminds me of our playoff Vs Fulham.

• Like 2

Benrahma seems to have dropped into a centre midfield role and doesn't look as good (bit like Jack!).

Fulhams Reed ( number 21) is infuriating, stops any potential forward play for Fulham with his negative poor backward passing.

Would be the one to take off, constantly putting his defence under pressure when there was no need.

Edited by brummybloke

Brentford looking just as bad today as they did in their final two games against Stoke and Barnsley. Marcondes seemed to make a difference to them against Swansea, surprised that they dropped him today.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Fulham winning the midfield battle here. Benrahma is drifting deeper and deeper like Jack for us.

Onomah and Carney have been excellent.

Brentford's forwards have been quiet but they are feeding off scraps.

It very much reminds me of our playoff Vs Fulham.

Agree. Brentford have to do much better in the middle of the park if they want something out of this. Looking very one-sided so far and, as you said, very reminiscent of our playoff final vs Fulham.

Unpopular opinion on here but no way is Benrahma a £25-30m player. Looks lightweight to me, dare I say not too dissimilar to a certain Jota? If he can look this lightweight in a championship game then I’d be concerned about him in the weekly physical challenge of the Premier League. I’ve watched him in the 1st leg at Swansea and the 1st half today, and I’m not seeing enough to tell me he’s anything other than a £10-15m gamble. We’d have to put him on an immediate strength programme and be patient with him.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

Nothing for me me to join to Watkins Behrama  bandwagon at the moment.

Yeah bith looking pretth average tonight.watkins doesnt look prem quality to me. Remind me of andre gray

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Unpopular opinion on here but no way is Benrahma a £25-30m player. Looks lightweight to me, dare I say not too dissimilar to a certain Jota? If he can look this lightweight in a championship game then I’d be concerned about him in the weekly physical challenge of the Premier League. I’ve watched him in the 1st leg at Swansea and the 1st half today, and I’m not seeing enough to tell me he’s anything other than a £10-15m gamble. We’d have to put him on an immediate strength programme and be patient with him.

I’d agree, watched him a few times and he doesn’t look all that. Certainly not the someone who will come in and transform us. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Its only 1 game but from what I have seen tonight - he looks like someone who you might take a £10-12m punt on - but for £30m I would want something closer to the finished article.

I hope Brentford win - I reckon we could take some points of them !

3 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

If I had a choice between buendia and benhrama I’d not hesitate to get buendia on this showing.

On this showing I'd rather get Kebano. Just one game though so hard to judge.

Â