Championship Play Offs

andykeenan

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He doesnt have a thread I could find (because he was crap) buit some Villa fan found this little gem.

Love to see how bitter Joe Bennett is :)

https://twitter.com/thisiscarts/status/1288940121325285377

I honestly don’t particularly remember him ever playing for us. I knew he was on the books but he was basically bit-part the whole time wasn’t he?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I honestly don’t particularly remember him ever playing for us. I knew he was on the books but he was basically bit-part the whole time wasn’t he?

According to Wikipedia he played nearly 40 games over 4 years. Most in Lambert 1st year 

Genius that is Lambert preferred him over Enda Stevens

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

Let me put it this way Tony Moon & Aly Cissokho were massive improvements on Joe Bennett.

The only player my Boro mate has openly laughed at me about when we signed him. He was right anarl.

On 27/07/2020 at 20:08, MrSmirch said:

Bacuna and Joe Bennett full backs for Cardiff, lovely to see

Agree with this sentiment, as far away as possible. The six months where Villa were actually playing in a lower league than Bacuna were just agony. Yet another thing to hate Neil Warnock for.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 18:44, VillaJ100 said:

Even including all the shit we've seen since say Djemba Djemba. Bennett is the worst villa player I've ever seen. 

He was the best player on the pitch in the game against Chelsea when Delph scored the back heel goal.

That's all I remember. 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 22:23, ciggiesnbeer said:

He doesnt have a thread I could find (because he was crap) buit some Villa fan found this little gem.

Love to see how bitter Joe Bennett is :)

https://twitter.com/thisiscarts/status/1288940121325285377

Hates us because Xia backed out of letting him move, I can’t remember the club, but Xia wanted money for him after originally letting him look for a club for free... I think.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mic09 said:

He was the best player on the pitch in the game against Chelsea when Delph scored the back heel goal.

That's all I remember. 

I wouldn't go that far, but in all his games for us that was his only competent performance which I'm guessing was a total fluke. I don't know if he actually played that well or he just wasn't completely destroyed which made it look like a great performance cos everyone was expecting the worst

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We have had much worse left backs. Sadly one who is no longer with us who I wont mention the name of. 

Samuel was a billion times the player of Bennett. Bennett wasn't even good enough to lace Richardson or Cissokho boots

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 19:44, VillaJ100 said:

Even including all the shit we've seen since say Djemba Djemba. Bennett is the worst villa player I've ever seen. 

How about that tennis player we signed, Mickey Boulding? 

That must have been Graham Taylor’s attempt at a ‘Moneyball’ signing 😁

Edited by LondonLax
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

How about that tennis player we signed, Mickey Boulding? 

That must have been Graham Taylor’s attempt at a ‘Moneyball’ signing 😁

I think he statistically is the most prolific striker we've ever had (2 games 1 goal) 😁

When I've seen Bennett for Cardiff recently he's the type of nasty spoilt player that is trying to wind up the  opposition verbally.

He's got the look of a little kid that will do anything to get what he wants.

Towards the end to the Fulham play off game he pressed his studs into Onamahs ankle and was daring him to have a go when he got up.

I don't remember him being like that with us?

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Samuel was a billion times the player of Bennett. Bennett wasn't even good enough to lace Richardson or Cissokho boots

Not Samuel, further back in time to Graham’s Taylor’s first spell as manager. No derespect but he was too slow for the then division 2

Edited by PaulC

I get why people want Brentford to lose, Benhrama etc. But is there a more boring team than Fulham? I guess Stoke etc. but jesus Fulham is just one pointless club. Guess the away day is nice, but that's about it. 

Â