Championship Play Offs

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, 1 game certainly won't mean that a year of scouting goes in the bin but it might make some noise about his supposed £30m price tag

He's not a bad player but he's nowhere near Chelsea standard if those rumours are true and he'd spend two years warming the bench.

Way some go on about him though you'd think he's the only creative player outside the premier league in world football, there are at least 50 as good creative midfielders playing in european football if you scout well enough.

• Like 3

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Oh well, they’ve experienced that too.

We were there for that as well!

I want to be mad at them for that game, but we had nobody to blame but ourselves, not showing up and giving them so much respect.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I want to be mad at them for that game, but we had nobody to blame but ourselves, not showing up and giving them so much respect.

And the fact it was probably the best outcome for us in the long run helps.

Hope we leave one on the prick Bryan though next season.

• Like 2

At least we won't have to worry about there not being enough teams worse than us next season. I'd be very surprised if West Brom and Fulham aren't down there. Leeds are up in the air, anything could happen with them and Bielsa.

• Like 1

Don't think Brentford would have been any stronger than Fulham in the premier league, Fulham will probably spend more money, just because they messed up last time doesn't mean they're going to do so again. If we wanted the weakest team to come up we needed Cardiff to win the play-off, although if it's true that we're going to be spending big again then frankly we shouldn't be worrying about relegation.

• Like 3

Feel for Brentford as they play some lovely football and sadly for their fans, this team will get picked apart now

probably their best chance of promotion gone, however they’ll make a ton of money (albeit not prem league money) and no doubt unearth a few transfer gems. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

That was pretty much a typical performance from Benrahma, only difference is that he usually comes up with a moment of brilliance that looks good on the highlights which makes people think he's better than he is. In some ways he was actually better today than he has been for the three or four games, because he wasn't constantly giving the ball way trying to do everything by himself.

Have a feeling we'll probably sign him now, will be an improvement on what we've got.

Benrahma isn't just 'good on the highlights'. Statistically he was the highest rated player in the championship according to whoscored with 7.49. Grealish's rating for our final year in the championship was 7.42.

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

Â