Mask Watch!

Demitri_C

Think needs its own thread.

So day one where masks must be worn in a majority of shops to limit the spread of covid19. Who has been out? Whats it been like in the shops where you are?

I went out with my mask i openly admit i didnt wear a mask before but i did today when i went post office and tesco. 

So post office none of the staff were wearing masks and hardly anyone wore one from the public some did but some didnt. No one challenged the non mask wearers.

In tesco everyone was wearing masks didnt see one persin without. Although when i exited i did see the security guard arguing with someone who didnt have a mask. 

Nationwide bank only letting limited people in but the cashiers were having trouble hearing people with masks on. People were moaning that they didnt want to speak any louder due security concerns so thats a bit of a problem. 

But otherwise not so bad yet. How about where you are?

Just been to fetch vital supplies from Booths (ale, crisps). Everyone in masks....except for a group of young girls, maybe 5 or 6 of them, who were inside the shop but looked like they’d been told to leave.  We’ll all get used to it.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just been to fetch vital supplies from Booths (ale, crisps). Everyone in masks....except for a group of young girls, maybe 5 or 6 of them, who were inside the shop but looked like they’d been told to leave.  Well all get used to it.

Were all the staff wearing masks? 

I think a issue esp with youngsters like the ones you mention will be if the staff isnt wearing them why should i? That will be their attitude.

I wore one for the first time going into town today, knicked one of the flour dust masks we use in our bakery and it wasnt a particularly pleasant experience, especially with it being really muggy.  There were quite a lot of people who didn't bother, what I didn't get is there would be a man and woman together, one wearing a mask and the other not.  

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gravy?

Obviously that’s part of the big shop, important enough to be on the list. This was just a quick nip in after a bike ride. And yes Dem, the staff all had masks or face shields.

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gravy?

You can't buy the former contents of a Chieftan Tank's sump in Booth's. They only sell nice gravy :mrgreen:

(Booths is a bit like Waitrose for people on the correct side of the Pennines- in fact a lot of the stuff they sell is better than Waitrose especially the bread!)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Booths is a bit like Waitrose for people on the correct side of the Pennines. 

So it is. But are you saying you have them in the barbaric west? 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I must admit im not looking forward to going on a 5 hr flight with one on in September 

Flying over here lately where masks are compulsory.

Wear your mask when boarding, and initially when you sit. As Delta are leaving the middle row empty, no-one had any issue with masks being slipped down/off. Put it back up when food/beverage service is coming or if you have to use toilet. Not that big of a deal at all.

Security is funny, as everyone is masked up but has to slide them down so that they can verify you vs your id pic, which always looks exactly like you do today! 

Mostly just common sense and try not to be an arse.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So it is. But are you saying you have them in the barbaric west? 

I think they started in Blackpool and are now HQ’d in Preston. They’ve spread out to some far flung primitive outposts, clearly.

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have they interloped to the wrong side? bugger me, I'm starting a boycott :mrgreen:

There's been a Booths in Ilkley as long as I can remember. 

• Like 1

Â