Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it's too early to say we've sorted out the defense. We did it for the finish of this season and big props to everyone involved.

But I think it will look a bit different next season when all teams are fully motivated again and the players are fitter and mentally up for it. 

The games during the restart where on pre season level when it came to intensity and quality for large spells.

We need to work really hard to maintain the improvement we saw and likely add a bit of quality too in defense.

Yeah, I don't think we have sorted it but we've made a huge improvement. I don't see us going back to looking the shambles we did earlier in the year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

How many would take 38 points next season if offered it now?

It's really difficult. Pragmatically I might, especially as I'm a natural pessimist, but overall I believe we can achieve more than a result that would see us finish 16th at best. 

Utterly pointless to speculate on points and positions at this stage since we know f all about anything about next season.

Only thing for certain at this stage is that VAR will remain absolute toilet.

• Like 3

Liverpool or City away in the first 3 please. Get that out the way. Avoid all promoted clubs first couple months as someone has mentioned. 

A mid table team at home would be an ideal first game. 

56 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Imagine we don’t throw away all those points from winning positions next season. We’ll be challenging for Europe!😄

Or at least safe before the last game of the season! My heart can’t take that again

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

Liverpool or City away in the first 3 please. Get that out the way. Avoid all promoted clubs first couple months as someone has mentioned. 

A mid table team at home would be an ideal first game. 

Palace or Newcastle at home

• Like 2

On 26/07/2020 at 18:06, The_Rev said:

Three years in a row we’ve had a final day which has aged me by about a hundred years.  Mid table next season please.  

After several years of drifting in a downwards spiral we have just had 3 successive years of progress.

I expect more progress next season and finishing mid table and safe from relegation with, say, 6/7 games to go will be significant progress for me.

I think we will be far more competitive next season with the addition of some quality into the team.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

How many would take 38 points next season if offered it now?

Trolling again. 38 points would be no where near acceptable. Thankfully we have ambitious owners who won’t tolerate us merely surviving every year. This year is fair enough now Smith will have to set sights higher.

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Like 1

We're going to win the league....

spacer.png

I'm no mug, free bet, last of the big spenders.  I'm guessing Ladbrokes are waiting to see who gets promoted before they pay out my £1000 😜

• Like 1

On 28/07/2020 at 10:09, villatillidie1980 said:

A mate of mine reckons pre season starts in 3 weeks. Does anyone know any details yet?

Sounds about right given the season starts 12th Sept .I would imagine there will be no oversea's pre -season friendlies.

• Like 1

Because of the quick turnaround and the fact we struggled last season, I would be happy as long as we improve on last season's finish. By that I mean, I would take a 16th or above finish as long as we didn't leave it until the last day to be safe. 

Remember, we need to add about half a team to our existing one to become half decent. That won't happen overnight, just like it didn't last season. 

Edited by Villarocker

I don't quite understand the finances like some of the learned posters on here.....hope its in the right thread.

Chris Purslow, maintains that had we gone down, we would have lost c£200 million.

I understand last season we was awarded c £180 mill.......how does all that equate to what we get this season and will we mortgage it to buy players.

can someone explain please.

Edited by TRO

Â