WPOTS 2019-2020

AVTuco

WPOTS 2019-2020  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Villa player of the season, who has your vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/07/20 at 15:22

48 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Danny Eatshits gets my vote. The rest of them are not good, but don’t deserve the hate for me to vote for either.

still don’t quite get the dislike in Hourihane, think he’s been ok

Only one vote, so nothing to it.

According to whoscored, its Baston if we put no minimum time on how many minutes played.

If we put a 100 minimum minutes limit its Drinkwater.

If we put a 500 minimum minutes limit its Nyland(they're only looking at the PL here, so Nyland's league cup showings don't count)

Edit: You know what, probably unfair to put Nyland here since keepers are rated lower on whoscored compared to outfield players. If its not Nyland, the next person is Samatta.

If we put 1000 minimum minutes limit its Taylor

If we put 2000 minimum minutes limit its El Ghazi

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

According to whoscored, its Baston if we put no minimum time on how many minutes played.

If we put a 100 minimum minutes limit its Drinkwater.

If we put a 500 minimum minutes limit its Nyland(they're only looking at the PL here, so Nyland's league cup showings don't count)

If we put 1000 minimum minutes limit its Taylor

If we put 2000 minimum minutes limit its El Ghazi

Since it's my poll, the rules come out of nowhere. But I like your structured way of thinking.

It's a bit of fun. I don't understand the 'its counterproductive' statements. Not like they sit on VillaTalk for me to criticise them.

Hello Danny I'm actually your biggest fan if you're reading this. 

حسن كيفك انت ليس تلعب كرة القدم. ( How are you Hassan (Trezeguet)? You definitely don't play football. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

I can't vote because targett isn't on it. For me he is emblematic of all our issues. How many times have a team scored because he lost his man in the box or failed to close down a cross into the box. Whilst you could probably say these issues plague Taylor as well Taylor isn't at fault for the goal Everton scored against us potentially putting us down. Plus Taylor can actually tackle targett can't. 

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I can't vote because targett isn't on it. For me he is emblematic of all our issues. How many times have a team scored because he lost his man in the box or failed to close down a cross into the box. Whilst you could probably say these issues plague Taylor as well Taylor isn't at fault for the goal Everton scored against us potentially putting us down. Plus Taylor can actually tackle targett can't. 

Targett has a 61% tackle success rate compared to Taylor's 62%. Not exactly a large difference, especially considering Targett actually achieves significantly more successful tackles per 90 due to attempting more

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great thread...    I think?

When you set the next one up @AVTuco atleast give posters more than half an hour to submit a vote.  

It was supposed to be open for longer, but some people didn't like the idea of choosing the worst of our own players, especially since we still have a chance to stay up, so I decided to cut it short.

If we go down, it has more merit to stay open, I think.

Edit: actually, didn't you yourself "like" Zatman's post above, which called the thread "pathetic"???

Edited by AVTuco

Â