This week?

Richard

Quick poll, any signings this week?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Quick poll, any signings this week?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe this will set the ball rolling on the Distin transfer next week, as suggested.

I have never understood this connection, that if SWP is sold, it will pave the way for Distin to move on.

It will provide funds to replace him, I hear. Yes, but if they receive a shed load of cash for SWP, why the hell do they need to sell Distin?

I just can't see it.

Distin deal OFF, according to the Sun:

DAVID O’LEARY has been forced to end his interest in £6million-rated Sylvain Distin. The Aston Villa boss does not want to use every remaining penny of his summer transfer budget on one player.

And that means scrapping a planned move for Manchester City defender Distin.

The Aston Villa boss does not want to use every remaining penny of his summer transfer budget on one player.

oh dear - how the mighty (budget) has fallen....

with that in mind, I make it a £9m transfer war chest has been handed to DOL.... £2m approx for the new signings and £7m put aside for Distain...

so, £7m left then??? (personally I think the ammount will be lower than that- around £5m or so)

What would have happened if both Citeh and the Barcodes accepted our 'alledged' bids for Bellend and Distain??? We'd of looked a right bunch of amatuers if we had to pull out of one of the deals!!!

i'm not surprised by this at all - but I still hold a glimmer of hope we'll be signing two more players pretty soon... it's been a v quiet week on the tabloid front which is usually good for us, we do tend to make signings with no real forewarning....

this is my 1000th post - (took my time I know!) I wanted this to be a happy post :oops: :cry:

Welcome Alan Stubbs, who will no doubt complete our transfer activity this summer and send shokwaves to the rest of the division. Our might budget muscles well and truly flexed.

^^^^^ dear oh dear.

It seems our expectations have gone from:

3 or 4 top quality players to take this club forward on top of the squad fillers

to

2 or 3 top quality players to take this club forward on top of the squad fillers

to

1 or 2 top quality players to take this club forward on top of the squad fillers

to

1 more top quality player to take this club forward in addition to the four we have bought already

to

championship players to beef up the squad a little

Â