Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

18 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Is the going a size up thing the same for kappa training/leisure wear or is that more true to size?

Definitely size up. I got one of the 3/4 zip tops and went two sizes up. It was a tiny bit big so i got another one in a different colour but went only one size up and it’s a perfect fit. 

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Definitely size up. I got one of the 3/4 zip tops and went two sizes up. It was a tiny bit big so i got another one in a different colour but went only one size up and it’s a perfect fit. 

Thanks mate

• 3 weeks later...

This is going to sound like a weird kit nerd comment, but was the black kit today missing the claret pinstripes?

I noticed I couldn't see them during play, but now looking at some of the photos of the game, I still can't see them. Do they just disappear when the players get a bit sweaty or have Kappa produced a batch without them?

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

This is going to sound like a weird kit nerd comment, but was the black kit today missing the claret pinstripes?

I noticed I couldn't see them during play, but now looking at some of the photos of the game, I still can't see them. Do they just disappear when the players get a bit sweaty or have Kappa produced a batch without them?

Disappear with sweat could see them in Watkins interview after the game just about.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DWG_Pauly said:

I'm a new fan of Aston Villa and have just watched my first match. Wow. 

Sort of a historical kit/team colors question. I notice that West Ham's colors are very similar to the Aston Villa colorway, yet a little research shows that AV was established in 1874 and WH in 1895. Is there a reason the colors are similar and is this a source of contention for the clubs/fans?

Also I thought the black kits looked good in the rain. 

I think rumours go that we lent them a kit once and they kept the colours. West Ham fans dispute this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DWG_Pauly said:

Sort of a historical kit/team colors question. I notice that West Ham's colors are very similar to the Aston Villa colorway, yet a little research shows that AV was established in 1874 and WH in 1895. Is there a reason the colors are similar and is this a source of contention for the clubs/fans?

There are many clubs that play in claret and blue, mainly because Villa were the most famous and successful club at the start of the football league and many teams wanted to play in the same colours.

West Ham is an interesting story where apparently there was a foot race between a player of each team and the loser had to donate their kit to the other team. Hence West Ham play in the same colours. Still never identified how true that story is, and many West Ham fans claim that the colours are related to a local factory, but it is a nice story.

You are right though - Villa were the original claret and blue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

There are many clubs that play in claret and blue, mainly because Villa were the most famous and successful club at the start of the football league and many teams wanted to play in the same colours.

A matter of respect, then. I suppose that's a good/positive way to look at it for AV. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/11/2020 at 20:18, DWG_Pauly said:

Welcome! You chose well. 

• Like 1

hehe, never gonna happen, they said. put a gambling company on that fantasy shirt, they said. well, lookie here, cadbury is loving the villa and i'd love to see their logo on our shirt some time soon :)

9d1ba570-3ad2-11eb-b892-93e22867255c.jpg

Edited by slovenian
  • Like 2

Â