Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

22 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

One of my sons has just ordered the full kit, but he mentioned that it's important to read the official site's size guide. The kit comes up smaller than normal everyday UK sizing, so if you've got a gym body you will need to go up to XL possibly in order to fit your biceps in.

What if you've got one of them non-gym bodies? Go up to xxl? Possibly in order to fit your gut in. Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

£32 for a pair of shorts? Wtf?! 😂

The other half saw the shirt before me and said she wasn't keen for a few reasons. Then I saw it and instantly it strikes how insanely high the sponsor logo is, how high the Kappa logo and badge are and then how wide apart the badge and Kappa logo are away from each other. 

If I created that on photoshop, most people would tell you to move all 3 of those things to balance it out. It's insanely top heavy. I'm sure the sponsor paid a bit extra to get it higher up the shirt but it does the shirt down imo. 

Some people could probably lick the badge without moving their neck. I don't get why it's so high and so far apart from the Kappa logo on the other side. 

I know it's petty and I shouldn't be arsed but it bothers me 😄

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Made me laugh so much I farted. Thanks. 

If it makes you feel any better, I sharted on Thursday evening. I wasn't laughing at anything. I just tried to let a ripper go and and my guts sank more than expected. It wasn't much but the other was suspicious from the off. 

A little smell developed (and she's used to my 'sour' farts) that got her twitching. I tried to have a sneaky fiddle with the boxers to see if I could ascertain if I'd actually done anything. I noticed her noticing me so I slowly twisted the butthole area of the boxers, got up as quick as possible (from laying down on the sofa) and said I had needed the loo. She instantly stated/shouted, "HAVE YOU SHARTED!?". I said, "maybe" and moved upstairs as smoothly and quickly as possible. I ended up having a lower half shower and am still currently being mocked for it. 

What's this got to do with a new Villa shirt you may ask?

Absolutely nothing. 

• Haha 4

Reading the description on the website both the elite and the normal are slim fit, so guessing the sizing will be like last seasons all over the place, why can’t they just do sizes like Adidas and Nike at least everyone knows what fits them with them 

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

The more I see it the more I like it but the badge etc is so bizarrely high up that it really takes away from it.

I really think it's a bit of an optical illusion because of the sweep of the claret over the shoulder. 

If you look at the kit Arsenal are wearing in the cup final they have white all the way up to the collar but the red band towards the shoulder is much wider. 

If you allowed the white to curve over the red instead and followed that imaginary line, their badge would be almost touching the white too, yet their badge doesn't look too high.

Its all about the curve of the blue.  The taper of the claret almost looks like they are wearing a claret bib on top of a light blue top. 

I'm sure it's just an illusion.  Look at the picture of Nathan Dawe above and instead picture how it would look with a broader, squarer claret band towards the shoulder like Arsenal have. 

Looks ok. Reminds of one of the Acorns ones, can't remember which season.Clean and simple if a little dull.

It would be good if the shirts got baggy again like the late 90-early 00's era. I think that might fit the physique of your average football fan a bit more. Especially after about 3 months at home doing no exercise.

No way would I pay £55 for a shirt. I might buy this at the end of the season for about 25. Maybe.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Reminds me of the 08/09 kit but with a more modern fit and cut.

new-aston-villa-home-shirt1.jpg.2567b6b8cbcd6a6794bab09bd0b6867a.jpg

Prefer that one tbh, it's probably a sign of getting old. It is am interesting inverse relationship between rising obesity  levels and the tight fit of football shirts! Is it a way to body shame us to the gym?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â