Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why can't they actually show it? It's in the dark and shadow.  Just show us the bloody shirt for gods sake. 

Gotta drip feed content out on social media mate.  They'll get people looking at this reveal then coming back again for the pictures which are actually clear. 

The kits are "Bog standard" because if they dare experiment the same people who moan about it... Would MOAN.

"Claret Body, Blue Sleeves is all we need ffs".

I've always said I'd love us to be a bit more adventurous with our kits.

I'm actually quite ok with this one though. I'll probably get it. As my others are away kits.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2020/07/31/villa-home-kit-20-20-pl-announce

Classic football marketing nonsense.  I've taken the liberty of translating it into language the average fan will understand.

Technical features of Pro kit:
How we sold the idea of the player's version to the club.

- The skin fit Kappa jersey offers a raglan sleeve.
It's not round on the shoulder, the seams come all the way up into the collar (NV - these often make it easier for raising your arms when jumping or taking a throw-in)

- The bicolored round neck collar and the insert on the sleeves and the sides bring dynamism to the overall silhouette, while a triangular cut has been affixed at the bottom of the sleeve as a final touch.
The collar is like on a t-shirt and in two colours. There's a blue bit sewn into the sleeves and sides, a bit like a go-faster stripe on a car.  Also, we've done the sewing on the cuff in the shape of triangle just because we fancied it. 

- The jersey shows a sublimated contrasted stripe design. 
It's got a slightly darker printed stripe. (NV - the infants one appears to be entirely printed, so it'll be white when you turn it inside out)

- Heat transfer Kappa logo and silicone badge club crest.
The Kappa logo is a "sticker", the badge is like a 3D plastic that is glued on.

- It is equipped with Kombat Pro System technology, using an ultra-resistant, elastic and breathable material, so dear to Kappa for more than 20 years.
Remember that fabric from that tight Italy shirt?  It's like that.

- The technology is materialised by a silicone patch at the bottom right of the jersey. 
There's another 3D plastic badge near the bottom of the shirt with "Pro" written on it.

- 9% Elasthane / 91% Polyester for the perfect mix dedicated to elite performance.
Very stretchy, with a bit of a plasticky feel. A bit like those tights the Mrs wears to the gym, but a lot thinner (the material, not the Mrs).

so glad you posted this! it’s like asos product descriptions, makes me cringe reading them. Palace Skateboards do it best:

PALACE-VISIONS-L-S-T-SHIRT-WHITE-Palace-

SPORT-SELECTA-TRACK-TOP-NAVY-.png

• Like 1

It's got most things right.  

A solid 7-8 of 10.  I can revoke that obv if they stick some horrifically large second sponsor on the sleeves as per last year.

A minor grumble would be that if we do have to have detailing on the main body of the shirt, I'd prefer that to be closer to what we had in the AST 95/96 kits. The pinstripe (even with a different shade) evokes the back end of the Lambert era somewhat. 

Looks absolutely fine, don't know what some people are moaning about it's exactly what a Villa home kit should look like.

When its actually in our hands and people moan about material and sizing thats a different matter

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is there a blue stripe down the sides under the arm or not?

The description sort of suggests there is - but I haven't seen a picture where you can tell.

Home kit gallery

Looks like it from these pics 

edit: NurembergV has found a better pic

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Cant bring myself to buy a Kappa shirt this up n coming season, congrats to anyone who can get enjoyment out of there designs because I think they are horrible and will just get worse.

The slim fit for 8 pack athletic guys who have 10% or less body fat is as thin as the shirts material itself. Sometimes I wonder if they think about there sizes. I mean people drinking pints and eating pies at footy matches should tell them they need to add abit more material should it not.

I'll wait to see what peoples pics are like I think before ordering one and see if they wear out quickly or if they are super skinny. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The kits are "Bog standard" because if they dar experiment the same people who moan about it... Would MOAN.

"Claret Body, Blue Sleeves is all we need ffs".

I've always said I'd love us to be a bit more adventurous with our kits.

I'm actually quite ok with this one though. I'll probably get it. As my others are away kits.

People moaned about the 18/19 kit for not having blue sleeves. Now it's seen as some kind of design classic.

That said, the sleeves on this year's going up onto the shoulder is pretty daring, so there's that 😆

• Like 1

I've not bought a jersey in a few years. The black under armour away one last i got. Personally find the noise about the new jerseys a bit jarring. I mean, if we start the season and lost the first 5 games i don't think people would care what they were wearing and minds would be elsewhere.

Â