Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

It's the urban "scowl" 

Increasingly common.  It's because of post game interviews where the camera is tight on the players face, I think manufacturers were bummed out that their logo was getting cut out of the picture so they have moved everything up by a couple of inches.  It's definitely not just a Villa thing.  

It's definitely a Kappa thing though.

Not exclusively, but they definitely seem to set the bar for how high they can place all the logos

It's a decent shirt. I'm never a fan of the sleeve to collar look but it's the easiest option to differentiate Villa shirts season to season and it doesn't look too bad. Sponsor benefits from being simple and clean. I like the subtle pinstripe.

My biggest issue is the colour. It looks more of a dirty red than a claret - it's most obvious when you compare the colour of the shirt to things like banners on the official site and it's obvious those aren't the same colour. But seemingly there's not a company on earth that can make a claret shirt.

@Chindie I think that's because everybody has a different idea of what claret is.  To me claret is a dark shade of red, it absolutely does not skew towards purple like the 2018/19 kit did (and I think design wise that's my favourite Villa shirt ever, save for the sponsor) or the accents on the club website are.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's a decent shirt. I'm never a fan of the sleeve to collar look but it's the easiest option to differentiate Villa shirts season to season and it doesn't look too bad. Sponsor benefits from being simple and clean. I like the subtle pinstripe.

My biggest issue is the colour. It looks more of a dirty red than a claret - it's most obvious when you compare the colour of the shirt to things like banners on the official site and it's obvious those aren't the same colour. But seemingly there's not a company on earth that can make a claret shirt.

I just said the opposite. It might look different in real life, it looks claret on my phone screen but that doesn’t mean much I suppose 

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

@Chindie I think that's because everybody has a different idea of what claret is.  To me claret is a dark shade of red, it absolutely does not skew towards purple like the 2018/19 kit did (and I think design wise that's my favourite Villa shirt ever, save for the sponsor) or the accents on the club website are.  

Although it could obviously never happen, that kit deserved to be worn a 2nd season. It's the best kit in my lifetime and the fact it didn't grace the prem is a real shame

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Oh man, that’s sad. A whole weekend train spotting.

I hope today’s a good day.

It was Sutton Park so there were some quality freights coming through. I actually had a few epiphanies so left a yellow padlock on a fence as a reminder to myself that Sutton Park is magical. 

Villa then went on to pull off the great escape and I feel the Universe is telling me something .

PS. Every day another human shows empathy is a Good Day.

Thank you.

PPS.   My first MS design was the closest to the actual reveal BTW so 3rd Eye ITK confirmed.

• Like 2

Just now, skarroki said:

Although it could obviously never happen, that kit deserved to be worn a 2nd season. It's the best kit in my lifetime and the fact it didn't grace the prem is a real shame

I just don't think the money was there, but I agree.   Luke Roper has designed the Kidderminster Harrier's shirts this season, the away one is particularly good. 

rrDV3Ri.png

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

I know lots of people are going to think it's funny putting stuff like that on a jokey football kit mock-up but I actually think it's very offensive.

We should never have a Coventry-based sponsor.

Strangely the Bill Cosby one got a few likes and he raped almost 100 women.

If only Fred had a sitcom.

7 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

To me claret has to skew towards a purple. The colour derives from the colour of the wine, which has to have that sumptuous, deep colour with the touch of purple tone to it. The 18/19 had it bang on.

It's a difficult because it is a fairly subtle colour. It's all too easy to end up with some of the travesties we had in the late 90s/early 2000s which were just purple, or you end up with a slightly desaturated dirty red, which just looks wrong. Which this is to my eye.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deeps said:

Nice kit. I always want our home kits to be simple. Hearing the away is black has me excited. I’m a sucker for a black strip. 

Seems this fella was right, which would point toward Away being as described.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Looks good to me

Why can't they actually show it? It's in the dark and shadow.  Just show us the bloody shirt for gods sake. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â