Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

This thread has taken a trip to Bizzarevile..............perhaps I will come back later with some hard liquor which might raise the enjoyment level

What's this thread got to do with the capital of the Congo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

MS Paint Deluxe 😉

Cheat! If you're gonna do some quality computer painting you either use Degas Elite or Deluxe Paint, of course this is very dependant upon how rich your mum and dad are, luckilyy for me my Dad worked on the buses - Ka-ching!

14 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

Cheat! If you're gonna do some quality computer painting you either use Degas Elite or Deluxe Paint, of course this is very dependant upon how rich your mum and dad are, luckilyy for me my Dad worked on the buses - Ka-ching!

My design journey began on Deluxe Paint II, creating assets for my brothers 'never to see light of day' Blood Bowl game. Never thought I'd get as far as posting kit mock-ups on a discussion board 😆

3 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Can’t remember - did we have our sleeve sponsor lined up when we released last year’s kit?

I think we did, I remember doing mocks up before the release with the arm sponsor on it.

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

or something a little more retro:

Pin on sport's Fashion

People rave about this particular set of kit mock ups, and they're unquestionably beautiful, but the brilliantly executed template and window dressing is doing the vast majority of the work here.

This kit reminds me of a combination of our two recent Under Armour kits.

under-armour-aston-villa-16-17-home-kit-61yQdH1qEML._AC_SX466_.jpg

It also benefits from not having sponsors. The best case scenario if you love this kit is the below. A pretty nice kit but it's nothing ground breaking.

ivGxz5n.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

My design journey began on Deluxe Paint II, creating assets for my brothers 'never to see light of day' Blood Bowl game. Never thought I'd get as far as posting kit mock-ups on a discussion board 😆

Genius, Games Workshop Blood Bowl? I spent far too much of my youth using Deluxe Paint for game graphics but loved programming more - I was also infinitely better at it! You've come a long way from probably spending 80% of your time having to select 32 most likely colours for your images.

2 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

People rave about this particular set of kit mock ups, and they're unquestionably beautiful, but the brilliantly executed template and window dressing is doing the vast majority of the work here.

This kit reminds me of a combination of our two recent Under Armour kits.

under-armour-aston-villa-16-17-home-kit-61yQdH1qEML._AC_SX466_.jpg

It also benefits from not having sponsors. The best case scenario if you love this kit is the below. A pretty nice kit but it's nothing ground breaking.

ivGxz5n.jpg

Am I the only one who hates the little lions all over the Under Armour shirt? Really hope we never do something like that again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bielesibub said:

Genius, Games Workshop Blood Bowl? I spent far too much of my youth using Deluxe Paint for game graphics but loved programming more - I was also infinitely better at it! You've come a long way from probably spending 80% of your time having to select 32 most likely colours for your images.

Yep the Games Workshop one, we used to play those games loads as kids.

I'm now a Web/Graphic Designer, Front-end Developer and proud user of not 2 but 3 monitors at a time, that's when you really know you've made it! 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

proud user of not 2 but 3 monitors at a time, that's when you really know you've made it! 

That's nothing, on Sunday I had 4 monitors on the go!

West Ham v Villa on TV

Everton v Bournemouth on a phone

Arsenal v Watford on iPad

and Jeff and the boys on another TV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bielesibub said:

This really should have come with a warning for dyslexics, I’ve just had a crack at using Dulux paint on my new iPad and let’s just say it didn’t go well 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Figured I'd do another lot while we are waiting for the real thing to make an appearance...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That black is a beaut. The home/away are great as well, though. 

41 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Figured I'd do another lot while we are waiting for the real thing to make an appearance...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Mate, I wish you had influence at the club each and every year.  Your designs are fantastic.  :clap:

Only downside is that you create stuff better than the real thing, so when they do come out, i’m actually disappointed!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Not exactly on the list of top priorities but our badge needs a look at. It looks far too busy and it is badly dated already. If think we need something much more clean and simple.

Our badge is awful. I really, really wish we'd redesign it.

Â