Villa Kit 2020/1

AtkinsonWonderGoal

I'm not liking this seasons garb so far, I'm even more unconvinced by sizes and quality and the problems people have had with Kappa.

Why oh why did they change from Luke, much better in every sense.

Doubt I will buy this seasons or at least I'll wait for anyone who does gamble on the shirts and shorts and see how you all go with them first.

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Is that the Zombie Apocalypse edition?

I dno but that looks nice, why cant we have something looking crazy like that, our shirts under Kappa will be looking bland.

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I'm not liking this seasons garb so far, I'm even more unconvinced by sizes and quality and the problems people have had with Kappa.

Why oh why did they change from Luke, much better in every sense.

Doubt I will buy this seasons or at least I'll wait for anyone who does gamble on the shirts and shorts and see how you all go with them first.

I got four shirts last season and had no issues with the quality. I don’t like the sound of this seasons gear now having heard a few bad things. 

I think I’ll leave it a few more weeks before making my first purchase this season.

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I didn't get one last year but I've just got one for my birthday, I get slim fit medium tops usually and this fits perfectly.  Might be worth going a size up if you're not slim fit.

Well I am most definitely not a slim fit, I got the XL last season and it fit well, loose but not baggy, so I want to order the black one but trying to make sure there the same fit at last season, 

On 21/08/2020 at 20:46, Keyblade said:

The kit would've been even better if it didn't have the pinstripes (or if they were sky blue) and the badge was monochrome. Wonder if someone could mock that up.

What is the point?

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 22:00, MNVillan said:

I’ll be interested to see what you (or anyone on here) report back about training wear sizing. I’m interested in getting the baby blue version of the above, but would like some feedback about sizing first. I sized up from L to XL in last year’s kit. Definitely do the same for the training wear?

Think a lot of the training kit is “slim fit”. At least one size up is the general rule of thumb. To my shame, I got the 4xl training top I’m a big lad but I’ve seen plenty bigger at VP.
I think I could have got away with the 3xl before the lockdown. :bang:

• Like 1

Sure, i'll be on my own here but I think these are the best kits we've had since the acorns ones. I detest betting sponsors as it ruins the shirts, the cazoo is at least fairly 'clean'. If we get the White Camo as the 3rd kit then I think this could be the best ever collection of kits in a season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, commander said:

Sure, i'll be on my own here but I think these are the best kits we've had since the acorns ones. I detest betting sponsors as it ruins the shirts, the cazoo is at least fairly 'clean'. If we get the White Camo as the 3rd kit then I think this could be the best ever collection of kits in a season.

I wouldn’t go quite as far as you have, but I think this set is massively underrated. This away kit is the best one since the horse jockey away kit in 2013.

The Luke home kit was wonderful, but the away was boring. *ducks*

Edited by MNVillan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MNVillan said:

The Luke home kit was wonderful, but the away was boring. *ducks*

See i am the other way round have the away shirt but I never liked the home just not a Villa shirt without blue sleeves for me!  Although I like the 1983-85 Home Shirt its based on!

This years stuff is great so far if you can get your hands on it!  Seems we under stocked again!

8 hours ago, commander said:

See as much as I also dislike betting sponsors, having one which is virtually a typo (replace the first o with another z) of the most common curse word in my native language can hardly be considered progress 😂 every time I see it I don't read Kah-zoo, I just curse inside my head. That happens a lot when watching villa kits tbh, but that's usually AFTER the season has started 😂

Sponsor aside, I feel these are among the weakest kits we've had for quite a while. Last year's were much better imo

Can't agree with that train of thought. This year's kits are the boring ones. The away is ok, but I still think it's weird.

The Luke ones are the best kits we've had for 30 years to be honest

Â