Who you hold accountable?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold accountable?

• Smith
    • Purslow
    • Suso
    • The players

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/20 at 15:01

Everyone is to blame in some form, good managers can get more out of a team than the sum of its parts and Smith definitely failed to do so, and as much as I think he should still be our manager in the Championship the haphazard manner of some of our performances should put him under a lot of scrutiny. 

The main reason for our situation is the quality of the squad which is obviously the fault of Suso and Purslow more than the players themselves. The approach from Purslow was so arrogant I can't wrap my head around it, it needed to be more of a phased process than just going all in in our first season back in the league with such an upheaval needed. But people just bought it because all was going well at the time, even folks here were turning their noses up at signing proven quality and experience in Cahill because we were after "hidden gems" (what), or agreeing that we shouldn't be loaning in the likes of Tuanzebe because it'd be better to invest in the likes of Konsa instead who just aren't at the level yet and may never be. The ideas were noble but trying to successfully implement them all in the space of a single transfer window was far too big a risk.

Suso's success rate has been embarrassing and he needs booting before anyone else. I would much prefer Smith being trusted to rebuild a more balanced squad with the Grealish money than Richard Madeley 2.0 bringing in some 26 year old from the Moldovan league because "moneyball".

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 3

Pretty much all four.

Suso has bought too many average players, Purslow extending Dean's contract was unintelligent to say the least, and the no loans stance at the start didn't help.

The players have not shown the desire and commitment to gain the wins we needed.

Dean has shown his lack of experience at this level and he is to one dimensional to be a top coach.

I expect at least 2 out of the 4 to go and will wish Dean all the best and thank him for some great memories. Suso can do one.

• Like 4

The manager takes most of the blame.

Poor motivation, lack of leadership, questionable decision making and making us look worse than we did at the beginning of the season.

The lack of fight though is the big one for me. I’ve been bleating on about it all season, but if we went down fighting I might have been less harsh on him. He should have had those players running through brick walls for him and had it done that I honestly believe we would  have at least 9 more points.

The final nail in the coffin was admitting we gave up in the second half of the Man Utd game. If that’s the message he gives players it’s no wonder we are in this mess. 

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Xia didnt sign these players did he?

Xia didnt appoint smith did he?

Xia isnt control of our finances is he?

Yeah but the club wasn't founded this summer either. Long list of poor decisions that led to us going into this season without a squad.

• Like 1

For me its a tough one as its between suso and smith.

Suso obviously had a big part in the signings from abroad  but the shambolic performances on the pitch have been totally unacceptable for me.

I edged it smith but suso has to take a lot if the blame too

Just now, sne said:

Yeah but the club wasn't founded this summer either. Long list of poor decisions that led to us going into this season without a squad.

We might as well blame lerner as well then and then ellis before.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We might as well blame lerner as well then and then ellis before.

I think it’s William McGregor’s fault

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

Â