Champions League Quarter Final/Semi Final Draw

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does a club do what Leipzig have managed to do in 11 years with FFP around? I don’t get it. 

They dont spend big transfer fees or wages and only buy players in a certain age range

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted for Atleti, I've probably seen more of them than Villa over the last 12 months having lived in Madrid and sadly they have performed like that on numerous occasions this season. Too many things went wrong tonight, they clearly missed Thomas in the midfield, Correa would've been a good option off the bench had he been available, Saul was poor and both goals were pretty unfortunate to concede arguably.

After beating Liverpool over 2 legs, losing to Leipzig is a disappointing way to be eliminated but credit where it is due Leipzig played really well tonight. It's already well publicised but Upamecano was unplayable, he had Costa in his back pocket and only Joao Felix caused him occasional trouble. He and Leipzig are in for a challenge against Neymar and Mbappe next week but that could be a seriously exciting match-up.

For Atleti I can see Oblak moving on, at 27 he still has a long time left in his career to win a lot of trophies and there's no doubt to me he's the best keeper in the world right now. Maybe Thomas to Arsenal as has been rumoured, but really he could do much better than a Europa League club. That would be a big blow to Simeone's team and I think after an underwhelming season by his high standards the transition period that started this year might go on another season yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

PSG, RB Leipzig and Man City left. I imagine UEFA will be hoping tonight's winner will lift the trophy 

Lyon still there as well. Tonights game is hard to call. everybody is expecting Bayern Munich but we often see the in form teams have one bad night and go out and never rule out a team with Messi in it.  Have to say watching the highlights of last nights game it  looked really sub-standard. 

Edited by PaulC

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lyon still there as well. Tonights game is hard to call. everybody is expecting Bayern Munich but we often see the in form teams have one bad night and go out and never rule out a team with Messi in it. 

I think @Zatman was referring to more of the embarrassments involving UEFA and the club's he mentioned.

Edit: As for who could go on to win the Trophy, It's quite hard to call still at this stage. Tbf, any of the teams remaining could go into win it.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

53 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lyon still there as well. Tonights game is hard to call. everybody is expecting Bayern Munich but we often see the in form teams have one bad night and go out and never rule out a team with Messi in it.  Have to say watching the highlights of last nights game it  looked really sub-standard. 

like Atalanta and Leipzig, lyon are an interesting team probably because they're less known, a fair few PL rejects and some exciting young players, maybe Douglas Luiz's main rival for breaking through to the national team in Bruno guimares (he wont play) aouar playing vs a PL team at this level is the main interest, he's got a £60m+ move written all over him which is a shame because I think the squad is too young, they lost ndombele last summer, will lose more players before cherki comes good

I don't think Bayern are having days off at the moment...look ruthless, part of me also hopes that barca get smashed, properly embarrassed by 5 or 6 goals and I like barca! they're a joke of a club at the moment in need of a complete overhaul, spot on about messi though

57 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think @Zatman was referring to more of the embarrassments involving UEFA and the club's he mentioned.

Edit: As for who could go on to win the Trophy, It's quite hard to call still at this stage. Tbf, any of the teams remaining could go into win it.

Yes I know regarding FFP. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

This Barca/Bayern game is crazy only 10 mins in. Did both sides forget how to defend during lockdown?

Barca never knew how to defend in the first place!  Always love to see a cracking own goal, especially at this level.

Â