Site Downtime ×
andykeenan

Champions League Quarter Final/Semi Final Draw

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Based on what I've seen this season bayern are the team to beat 

Corona probably cost Lewandowski the Ballon dor 

Not sure how the foul for the penalty is causing so much debate... Its an all dayer, the kicking motion has already started but that doesn't matter, messi is too quick for him 

My prediction for the semis

Man City

Bayern

Leipzig

Atalanta

Barcelona vs Bayern is one heck of a tie and you can never rule out a team with Messi in it. 

Bayern could easily put 4 or 5 past Barcelona, Messi and Suarez have stopped defending from the front and you cant have that against better teams

• Like 1

Really don't care about any of this (well apart from hoping Wolves don't win the europa!)

If people were going on about leagues being asterisked because of 5 subs and the other changes then just playing one off euro games in Germany and Portugal is a huge change of dynamics although of course I understand why it's being played out like this.

Feels like this change should suit Barcelona given how bad they are in away leg ties but now they just get a one off match away from Camp Nou so perhaps not.

• Like 1

2 of the Atletico travelling party have tested positive for corona. It begins

Utterly irresponsible to think this wouldn’t happen, even with single-leg ties. The tournament is beyond a joke at this point. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Utterly irresponsible to think this wouldn’t happen, even with single-leg ties. The tournament is beyond a joke at this point. 

The only important thing is money Steve, nothing else matters to the Football machine 

• Like 4

Correa and Vrsjalko named as the Atletico players that failed and miss the tournament. A Barcelona staff member also tested for it

According to the Swedish commentators Neymar has a higher yearly salary than all of the Atalanta players combined :D 

PSG celebrating their 50 year anniversary as a club today, hope they get to do it with a loss.

Atalanta taking a well-deserved lead.

Neymar has had multiple opportunities and fluffed them all.

That picture delay on BT Sport. Heard the goal about 15 seconds before seeing it.

Psg look like a team that have only played 2 competitive matches since March. I can’t see them winning this.  

Neymar must have his boots on the wrong foot, his finishing so far has been comical.

Atalanta look really good thou, PSG clearly missing M'bappé, Veratti, Di Maria (and Cavani) a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Neymar must have his boots on the wrong foot, his finishing so far has been comical.

I was just typing that very thing. Astonishing.

Tuchel's taken PSG backwards from the Ibrahimovic days IMO. Very odd team selection today, 3 defensive midfielders as a midfield 3 essentially.

Just now, penguin said:

Tuchel's taken PSG backwards from the Ibrahimovic days IMO. Very odd team selection today, 3 defensive midfielders as a midfield 3 essentially.

They have no balance as a squad, no natural RB left there, 1 natural LB, which when you then play with wide attackers rather than wingers means you have zero width so everything comes central where they have good players but everytime I've seen them in the CL this year they look dependant on mbappe or neymar doing something out of nothing 

Neymar playing well and having a mare at the same time. What a weird performance.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, penguin said:

for all of the money they have spent, they have always lacked balance and its not a brilliant starting 11 really and have to play a defender in midfield. Except a half fit Mbappe and Draxler the bench isnt that great either

I think Leonardo does most of the deals at PSG and probably to blame more than Tuchel who is an overrated manager

For all that young talent coming through in France they've shot their bolt on neymar 

At least losing thiago silva and Cavani will free up some FFP space this summer for them

I think they're very guilty of trying to grow the brand through big names 

Edited by villa4europe

Â