Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 34 of 38)

villalad21

I think out best chance of winning the game is to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible, score 1 and go ahead before 70ish minute mark and we'll bound to lose the game. Just don't trust us to hold on to a lead for long. Probably will still happen with 20+ mins on clock but prefer to shut up shop later in the game than from the first half and hang on for dear life.

I'd consider going with El Ghazi as the false 9 he did earlier in the season.  I just can't see Davis ever scoring a goal.  Our only hope is set pieces so I'd stick Conor in, move either Mings or Hause to left back because Taylor offers nothing.

---------------------Reina---------------------

Guilbert---Konsa--Hause---Mings

-------McGinn-Luiz--Hourihane----

Elmo---------El Ghazi------Grealish

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I'd be tempted to make a pass to our player at the corner flag and waste time.

We are probably the only team likely to create a goalscoring opportunity for our opponents from us being awarded a penalty kick.

Wouldn't even be surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

unbelievably positive for this one, minimum point, grealish to have a game for the ages! COME ON THE VILLA BOYS!!!!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dom_Wren said:

unbelievably positive for this one, minimum point, grealish to have a game for the ages! COME ON THE VILLA BOYS!!!!

My post was going to be a LOT more negative, so lets go with this one instead. UTV! 

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's Villa v Manchester United. They could turn up with the backroom staff on the pitch and go home with 3 points.

To be fair I’d probably start Solksjaer up front if he was in our squad... and I mean 2020 Solksjaer

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We beat them in 2009 i think

Away yeah.  Not at Villa Park since 95 (apart from their second string in the league cup in 2000).

I wonder if there’s two teams in world football where one has been so dominant over the last 25 years.

8 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can bring Davis on around 60mins, gives us something to aim the hopeful punts at.

Gives us someone to actually bring on who can be a bit different at least

• Like 1