Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We just need that 1 or 2 percent more quality in the final 3rd. Or a tweak.

Sure you have left a few zeros of those percentages..

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We just need that 1 or 2 percent more quality in the final 3rd. Or a tweak.

We need a **** striker.

0-0 is better than I expected from that, thought we'd get battered, but we're really playing for 0-0 as it stands, and they've been there for the taking. 

Well I couldn’t help but tune in, and have to say that Villa have been much better! McGinn looks sharp, as does Luiz. We’ve given them no time on the ball and have battled well so far. Keep it up Villa, we might just nick a point here.

• Like 1

Good, solid first half. Well, organised... Composed on the ball too which is unlike us. Growing into the game as a whole aswell. I think that Doug Luiz volley was a pretty decent chance. Either side of the keeper. Couple of decent positions we've gotten into too. Pleased. But only half a job.

Just now, AV82 said:

You know what? I'm over the moon with that half. We've gave a decent account of ourselves there. Well in.

The problem is that we often put good performances in (or at least for one of the two halves) but we come out of the game with nothing. We're like the lad who talks to all the pretty girls but always goes back home alone. Hope today will be a different story... 

• Like 2

Much better first half. We've competed and got stuck in. Slight tactical adjustment I would make to make us more dangerous going forward is to make our opposite to the ball wide man start his run wider. At the moment we get the ball and our wingers are too narrow so have to run outwards. If they start wider they can attack the ball better.

Much much better.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We did well have to say. But you just know the script is there for another second half collapse

It’s almost like it killed you to admit we did well But you saved it by getting In a negative. We are doing well !!

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s why I like him more than El Ghazi. They’re both absolutely dreadful players though, make no mistake. 

The irony, is if their was a hybrid of both of their qualities in one player, he would be very decent.