U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What makes you think this?

Biden is pro EU, anti Tory shenanigans when it comes to the NI peace process, and now a swift deal with the US is further away. We have to orbit the EU or the US, it won't now be the US. Also Boris has been delaying to see this result before making a decision. 

Doesn't help that Biden and his team remember quite clearly Boris saying Obama hates the UK cos he's Kenyan....

Edited by Jareth

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not ousted - but this will force him into a Brexit deal - no deal is now completely off the table. 

I don’t think that’s true, but probably not for this thread. 

Interesting that in the House and the Senate the GOP seem to be doing fine so far. Possibly this election more a (narrow) rejection of Trump the man, rather than the agenda he actually stands for. Will be interesting to say how/if that influences a Biden presidency. 

Edited by Awol

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t think that’s true, but probably not for this thread. 

Interesting that in the House and the Senate the GOP seem to be doing fine so far. Possibly this election more a (narrow) rejection of Trump the man, rather than the agenda he actually stands for. Will be interesting to say how/if that influences a Biden presidency. 

I'm sort of sympathetic to this take - I said earlier that it's really notable that Biden hasn't brought anyone on his coattails - but by the same token, it's not *that* narrow a margin, it's possibly going to be 5m+ votes in the end. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think he's almost certainly a lame duck for a minimum of 2 years, but I'll take a president getting literally nothing done over the shitshow of the past 4 years. 

Oh any day. Feed me boring in abundance please, for I hunger for drab times. 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Yup, would love to see a proper audit of the R & D campaigns, new "spending" records set once again this year.

There's so much corruption around it it's untrue. I don't know if you saw this, but the FEC has been without a quorum all year, so it's barely been regulated at all. 

• Like 1

Biden up by 1.3% in Michigan now.   Some news outlets calling it for him.   Wisconsin called for him by most.   If he hangs on in Arizona and Nevada it doesn't matter what happens in Pennsylvania.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

That video is incredible, I actually want Trump to win PA now but still lose the election.

Haha - slow and painful. Rest of it is still live on Sky news at the mo, what a line-up of schiesters, at every step they have telemarked their intentions, we all knew they'd try this, and they look so ridiculous. The most shameful part will be when they fail to get an uprising from their base - the stench of losing coming off them is too strong. 

Â