U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If I was american I'd kill myself. I mean there's no point in anything anymore is there. No future no expectation of a rational path ahead. Just bleak misery and the knowledge you're neighbours are the most disgusting cretins. **** life.

I'd probably just emigrate...

• Haha 1

Honestly though, I absolutely despair that half of the electorate have looked at the past 4 years and thought "yeah, he's my guy".

I did stick a hundred quid on Trump last night when Biden was the clear favourite though, so that's something.

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

If I was american I'd kill myself. I mean there's no point in anything anymore is there. No future no expectation of a rational path ahead. Just bleak misery and the knowledge you're neighbours are the most disgusting cretins. **** life.

Mate, don't take it so seriously. The Sun will keep rising no matter what.

Just now, Awol said:

Antifa have been rioting for months, calling for the end of capitalism, defunding the police etc. The Dems were going around the country bailing out the people arrested for burning down mom and pop businesses.  That plays well with a certain part of the electorate and disgusts the other. There's every chance Biden still wins, but given Covid the fact it's even a question shows how badly the Democrats have pitched themselves.  

Ok where to start with those sweeping statements. (FFS I was going to bed here!)

defunding the police etc.

Which means reallocation of police funds to mental health professionals, social workers etc. Admittedly a terrible tag line for a great idea.

The Dems were going around the country bailing out the people arrested for burning down mom and pop businesses. 

Left leaning organizations were fundraising online for folks. It isn't like Tom Perez was taking a private plane with Obama flags tied to one wing and Biden flags on the other to break Che Guevara out of prison. Target, Walmart etc. aren't mom and pop stores. They are huge companies traded on the NYCSE.

Antifa

The group that hates fascists? Yeah, I'm kinda down with that. Sorry I don't like fascist c*nts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Antifa have been rioting for months, calling for the end of capitalism, defunding the police etc. The Dems were going around the country bailing out the people arrested for burning down mom and pop businesses.  That plays well with a certain part of the electorate and disgusts the other. There's every chance Biden still wins, but given Covid the fact it's even a question shows how badly the Democrats have pitched themselves.  

I would love to see a link to a statement from Antifa calling for anything, principally because they're not a centralized organization. But people who act.undet that moniker couldn't give two **** for the Dems.

The Dems baling out rioters? You're referring to the MFF? If so, that's nonsense - do some research. If not, I'd love to see some evidence.

This is the issue - something with a seed of truth gets distorted and spread while the spreaders do zero research. You're part of the problem.

• Like 1

I'm convinced as well that another Trump victory will just increase the hate and fear over here. 

We've already got Boris and a government that voted against feeding kids in poverty. What does it look like for us over the next few years when acting like Trump gets you reelected. 

Â