U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

84% of the vote  is in in Miami and Biden about 9% down on Clinton in 2016 but it seems that is based on mainly in person votes so he could still get that number up. Be worrying if he doesn't and could well mean he doesn't take Florida.

The Trump campaign and Nevada Republican Party filed an emergency motion Tuesday afternoon, asking the state Supreme Court to stop processing some mail-in ballots in Clark County. 

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The Trump campaign and Nevada Republican Party filed an emergency motion Tuesday afternoon, asking the state Supreme Court to stop processing some mail-in ballots in Clark County. 

No surprises here. He openly told people in plain English for months that he'd try to steal the election.

If the Democrats win tonight, the top priority needs to be electoral reform to stop future would-be tyrants. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's looking far closer than expected, and that plays right in to Trump's hands. 

Seems to be more Democrats voted by post and it just depends if enough Republicans could be arsed to go out and vote on the day ? In PA the word from republicans is they don’t think enough people got out on the day to claw it back 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's looking far closer than expected, and that plays right in to Trump's hands. 

I do wonder if mail in votes will be heavily weighted to one side of the aisle though as it has become a big political issue.

I say this without knowing the intricacies of each state and who counts the votes early though.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Trying to think about the future with Biden winning. Surely he'd only be a stopgap solution? Unless the Republicans are Democrat-level incompetent and run like Jeb Bush or something in 2024 and Biden wins, I imagine we'll likely be getting someone even more monstrous than Trump, just more savvy, and then we're right back at 2016.

First things first 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

New York Times predicting Florida and Georgia will go Trump. 

What a complete shitfest.  What a bunch of dumbasses. 

I'm off to bed. 

Georgia has been blue about twice ever. If Biden won it it would indicate a big big night for him.

Ain't gonna happen.

Georgia is an interesting one for the future though. It's demographics are changing rapidly iirc and the expectation is it'll flip eventually. Just not yet.

Just now, tonyh29 said:

14,000 votes in Dorchester County can’t be counted due to a “printing error “

Mugabee would be proud of this election 

I'm honestly amazed that riots weren't more widespread after the assault on the USPS. This is blatant, and it's been made clear that the biggest obstacle to electoral tampering is a sense of shame. 

Â