U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Mate I don’t want to get your back up but please listen to what you are saying here.

This is essentially the same thing Trump and his goons say when justifying their attacks on protesters. They label them all ‘Antifa’ radicals and that gives them the righteousness they need to attack their opponents. You have linked an article from a number of years ago saying a group of radicals attacked New York once and seem to be using that as justification for the people in these videos being attacked.

I have watched the videos again and I can’t see any indication that the family in the black car are ‘Proud Boys’, the dad who gets punched when he’s saying ‘do not go after my daughter’ has a pretty thick New York accent. The woman in the purple coat who gives they guy his flag back doesn’t strike me as a ‘Proud Boy’, there is even a guy wearing a ‘Gays for Trump’ T-shirt standing behind the dude who falls while over taking the flag, my understanding is the ‘Proud Boys’ are pretty homophobic.

We really have to be better man.

We have to oppose the violence otherwise it just keeps escalating from both sides.

Mate - just look at the news articles from this past weekend. It was a Proud Boy's rally. They stand for violence just as other fascist groups have in history.

I posted one article from 2018 to show that it isn't the 1st time they have done this in NYC. A couple of videos of folks getting caught up in the violence does not change the fact that the instigators of this are a fascist group. I have to be better? Come on. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Mate - just look at the news articles from this past weekend. It was a Proud Boy's rally. They stand for violence just as other fascist groups have in history.

I posted one article from 2018 to show that it isn't the 1st time they have done this in NYC. A couple of videos of folks getting caught up in the violence does not change the fact that the instigators of this are a fascist group. I have to be better? Come on. 

Ok, so I’ve trawled for news articles about it. From what I could find it was billed as a “Jews for Trump” rally. This is how it was reported on ABC news:

NEW YORK -- Skirmishes broke out between supporters and opponents of President Donald Trump as a “Jews For Trump” convoy of hundreds of cars draped with American flags and Trump 2020 banners rolled slowly through Manhattan and Brooklyn over the weekend

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/jews-trump-car-parade-stirs-protests-fights-york-73826675

Aren’t the ‘Proud Boys’ neo-fascists? Would they be supporting “Jews for Trump” and “Gays for Trump”? That doesn’t sound right to me. 

Trump supporters held an event Sunday, with people waving flags and driving through the area in a caravan of vehicles, according to TMZ, which reported that various groups, including the Proud Boys and Antifa, also showed up.

Link

I mean - a fascist group wants to cause violence and antagonize. What are the people who are being threatened (usually LGTBQ, minorities) supposed to do? Just take it?

Where fascists are concerned wasn't it proved by McDonald, Baldwin & Chamberlain that appeasement doesn't work?

Blows my mind we are even having to have this conversation.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

- Isaac Asimov

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Link

I mean - a fascist group wants to cause violence and antagonize. What are the people who are being threatened (usually LGTBQ, minorities) supposed to do? Just take it?

Where fascists are concerned wasn't it proved by McDonald, Baldwin & Chamberlain that appeasement doesn't work?

Blows my mind we are even having to have this conversation.

- Isaac Asimov

Yes this is exactly what I am talking about, a ‘Jews for Trump rally‘ gets labeled by people on Twitter as a ‘Proud Boys rally‘, whilst anti Trump protesters get labelled ‘Antifa Terrorists’. Each side lines up behind their ‘team’ ready to dish out some self righteous violence. 

It doesn’t blow my mind that we’re having this conversation, I think it’s the exact reason why things are going to get worse over there before they get any better but I don’t think you are following me so I’ll finish up the conversation and let others have the thread back.  

I've seen several videos of that Times Sq. brawl and I didn't notice any "Proud Boys"

Not that it particularly matters. The Jews for Trump caravan knew that they were going to antagonize people driving through Manhattan. They were looking for a fight, IMO.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Some states (including California) allow people to collect other people’s ballots and mail them on their behalf. It’s known colloquially as ‘Ballot Harvesting‘. Both sides claim the other team use it to commit fraud though usually without evidence. Ironically it was the Democrats who pushed through the law to make this legal in California, saying it removes an obstacle to voting.

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Whats actually happening here?

It's basically a potential fraud point. This appears to a collection point that is just going to 'look after' ballots but they shouldn't actually be doing that.

The Republican party has also set up various ballot collection points in California which are designed to confuse people. But the dumb law California has means they're technically legal.

52 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's basically a potential fraud point. This appears to a collection point that is just going to 'look after' ballots but they shouldn't actually be doing that.

The Republican party has also set up various ballot collection points in California which are designed to confuse people. But the dumb law California has means they're technically legal.

What a total shitshow. We have our faults here, but I don't think even the Tories would dare try a stunt like that. 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What a total shitshow. We have our faults here, but I don't think even the Tories would dare try a stunt like that. 

Indeed.

I'm astonished they think party run ballot collection boxes is a good idea.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

It’s a stupid idea that Republicans opposed but we’re out voted on, they then tried again to have the practice outlawed a few months ago but were again outvoted so now they have said they will do it themselves to show Democrats how stupid the idea is.

There is the back story on it here:

During the 2020 legislative session, Sen. Jim Nielsen, R-Gerber, introduced a bill that would have restricted ballot collection to only those people in the voter’s family or household in the event of an emergency like COVID-19. The bill failed to pass committee. 

Following the Democratic wins in 2018, California Republicans had a choice to make, said spokesman Hector Barajas. They could either continue to oppose ballot harvesting, or they could play by the rules the Democrats had written

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article246424595.html

• Thanks 1

For a country that makes such a big deal about being the world's greatest democracy they seem to have invented dozens of ways to allow democracy to be circumvented. 

I can't believe people are already talking about if the result will be valid. 

How hard can it be to ensure open accurate counting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

For a country that makes such a big deal about being the world's greatest democracy they seem to have invented dozens of ways to allow democracy to be circumvented. 

How hard can it be to ensure open accurate counting. 

It would definitely be a lot easier if one party in particular weren't dedicated to stopping it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's been laying the foundation for months . He won't accept defeat because he can't,  otherwise he's going to die in prison.   

Tucker Carlson apparently had copies of evidence incriminating the Bidens, sent the only paper copy to himself in the post at which point it mysteriously got lost. Just a shame he couldn't remember who he got it from in the first place to get another copy. If only they'd been all over the media shouting about all the documents they have and where they got it from. 

Looks like even Fox's lawyers decided the obviously made up hard drive story and 'evidence' was likely to cause them serious legal issues if they published any of it. 

That, or the deep state postmen have been checking every piece of mail sent in America and managed to catch it. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trumps done a masterstroke to get more votes...calling his buddy nigel farage to speak highly of him.

Suicide for trump

It's not though, his base love that shit. He campaigned for him last time too

• Like 1

Â