U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

My main worry is  that if he loses he'll still have 2 months in charge.  I hate to think what shit he'll try and pull in full cry baby mode.

Hopefully he'll not be allowed to go full scorched earth during that period.

Trump seemed to be able to rip up a lot of what Obama implemented so hopefully the same goes when/if Trump is booted out.

I think Biden will win, not a crushing victory but not far off. Trump is pissing off people all over the place.  There are big spikes in covid19, and it's on the increase there. Lockdowns are being applied again, if this goes on for a month or two, we'll be into september, not far from polling. There is also the huge support, rightly so, for BLM. which is going to hit him big time. I think historically it's the poorer voters who don't turn out. I think they will in much bigger numbers. There is the situation where it is alleged the Russians were paying a bounty to kill us military, and the US loves it's military. Trump knew about this. Thats a lot of military and ex military families to be pissing off.  There is also the effect of people like Katie Porter and AOC, who are killing it in congress. Freshmen going on major talk shows. I read in the case of KP she has a campaign chest 31 times the size of her opponent and none of it is PAC money.

There is also the possibility  of a video turning up of Trump in a compromising situation just before the election.

• Like 1

I voted Biden, just based on current polling. He has a 9 point lead in Florida, which means if he wins there, he'll only need to win one other swing state, where he's also ahead in polls.

Whether or not Trump concedes is another story. 

I really worry about what he might do between Nov 2 and January 20 if he loses. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

I voted Biden, just based on current polling. He has a 9 point lead in Florida, which means if he wins there, he'll only need to win one other swing state, where he's also ahead in polls.

Wait what? Is the voting underway now? How come this isn't front page news? 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Oh just realised, it's the VT poll

embarrassing GIF

• Haha 4

As President Donald Trump is faced with daily scandals and is slipping in the polls, Evangelical Christians are scrambling to bolster his support.

According to former televangelist Jim Bakker, it was essential that Trump was reelected.

“Trump must be reelected,” said Bakker. “God sees we are moving in the right way and returning to the Lord. If the liberals take over, they will destroy all our progress. Before you know it, a transgender will be teaching your son anal sex in high school.”

https://thebiznews.org/2020/07/01/bakker-if-trump-isnt-reelected-a-transgender-will-teach-your-son-anal-sex

Amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Xann said:

Bakker is one of my all time favourite ‘touch the screen, send five dollars’ guys.

A quick wiki of what he’s been up to recently (since getting out of prison due to those rape and financial misconduct distractions) and it would appear the Lord recently appeared before him in a cammo gear with a rifle and warned that if Trump didn’t get re elected there would be a second American civil war.

He also sells Coronavirus cures, so he’s not all bad.

• Like 1

I checked, he does have a new album coming out and he always does crazy 💩 to promote his work. His new stuff seems pretty well reviewed, but I don't really listen to music so I'm not one to judge. I do listen to politics though and I will be stunned if Kanye actually features on the ballot.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If trump loses will the us expedite him to iran to face ce3iminal charges? Thats the question

It's not really a question that needs more than about three picoseconds to know that the answer is "no, of course they won't"

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Bakker is one of my all time favourite ‘touch the screen, send five dollars’ guys.

This has been a Tilton household, though we wavered when Sid Roth got the one true god to fix his toilet.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I checked, he does have a new album coming out and he always does crazy 💩 to promote his work. His new stuff seems pretty well reviewed, but I don't really listen to music so I'm not one to judge. I do listen to politics though and I will be stunned if Kanye actually features on the ballot.

Well, he won't be featuring on the ballot in Indiana, Maine, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina or Texas (he has missed the filing deadlines for those states) and he would have about a month to gather a large number of signatures in most of the remaining states.

I would assume that it is a publicity stunt for that there album in the absence of overwhelming evidence otherwise.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

A legit 3rd "party" run by Kanye would be great fun and the kind of things this electoral system needs.

The Rs & Ds need to understand that certain communities are not their property to barter around as the times require. As they don't, perhaps a lesson is in order. I'm sure both sides are brushing up their '"blame small voting percentage and hence illegitimate campaign of 3rd party candidate for our failings" speeches.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible news everyone as it appears Kanye West has dropped out of the running to become the next US president.

He had a good run.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

Â