New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The 2016 relegation was supposed to humble some fans. 

Seems to have done the opposite 

This should be a banner across the top of every page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

They are going to be a lot of sad/angry people on here if we go down and Dean remains as manager which seems like the most realistic possibility.

Not according to the bookmakers - 2nd favourite to be the next manager out of the door.

Why on earth have people got it into their heads that Smith is likely to keep his job if we go down, as I carefully illustrated the other day we've already gone nine games without a win, and if we get relegated that will mean we will have won no more than a few more games between now and the end of season, so at best will have won just a few of our last fourteen games, if we even manage to win that many, he isn't going to survive after that.

At the start of the season Purslow was boasting about how much the owners had spent and how they'd given us the best possible chance to succeed, they won't want to be seen keeping on a manager who has failed so badly after the investment they've put in.

And I say that as someone who's not desperate to see him go, my opinion is only replace him if we can do so with someone notably better, a genuine top class manager, no point in just swapping him for someone likey Dyche, Hughton or so on. Although if he were to stay I think we would have to act swiftly if we got off to a bad start, if we were to keep him just because we were in touching distance of the play-offs we'd be making the same mistake we made under Bruce, need to be challenging for that top two.

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Why on earth have people got it into their heads that Smith is likely to keep his job if we go down

Because he is a yes man and i think Purslow prefer managers that way. No surprise he fell out with a big character like Rafa.

On 07/07/2020 at 12:31, Mjvilla said:

Just watched this 2 or 3 times. Still trying to work out what he is saying half the time. Is it English? Austrian? German? A mix?

But, the English bits I can make out are, basically, him telling them to work harder. Have a bit more fight. I've had team talks more inspiring than what he says at local level. I don't get quite why it's such an 'amazing HT team talk' apart from the multi language thing. Am I missing something?

I was going to say exactly the same...…. I don't see whats amazing about this HT team talk at all...…….its just "get stuck in, work harder, fight more"

If this was a video of steve bruce saying the same hed probably get petrol bombed right after being labelled a "dinosaur"

load of bollocks

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I was going to say exactly the same...…. I don't see whats amazing about this HT team talk at all...…….its just "get stuck in, work harder, fight more"

If this was a video of steve bruce saying the same hed probably get petrol bombed right after being labelled a "dinosaur"

load of bollocks

look at Smiths speech after the play off the final - total respect for the manager - a good combination of "well done" but "keep on track" - excellent stuff - but it counted for nothing when we tried to mix it in the prem.

Remi Garde was often praised for how he conducted himself in press conferences !!!!!  

As you say all bollocks - its a results business

This is my perception of Aston Villa. We have actually underachieved during our history. We are the First Giants of football. We have as a club regressed into thinking we are a small club. We are scared of other clubs. We're afraid to take back what's ours.

The status of a giant. It's about time we awaken from our slumber starting with those donkeys in red tomorrow. Instead of cowering in the corner let's see some guts let's start swinging and causing damage. Teams even if they beat need to be scraped off the pitch. Even if they beat us they need to see us walking off fresh to fight for another 90 minutes with ease. They need to see Villa Park and tremble with fear. 

Galatasray say Welcome to the hell.

It's time we say Welcome to your hell. 

We're Aston Villa one of the providers of the most England players.

We're Aston Villa appointed by Royalty.

Roar Lion Roar! 🦁

We're finally back able to eat and own the top table but instead like a virgin on his first night we're shrivelling away down to the championship.

DKHBEfEWsAAYPhk.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

This is my perception of Aston Villa. We have actually underachieved during our history. We are the First Giants of football. We have as a club regressed into thinking we are a small club. We are scared of other clubs. We're afraid to take back what's ours.

The status of a giant. It's about time we awaken from our slumber starting with those donkeys in red tomorrow. Instead of cowering in the corner let's see some guts let's start swinging and causing damage. Teams even if they beat need to be scraped off the pitch. Even if they beat us they need to see us walking off fresh to fight for another 90 minutes with ease. They need to see Villa Park and tremble with fear. 

Roar Lion Roar! 🦁

We're finally back able to eat and own the top table but instead like a virgin on his first night we're shrivelling away down to the championship.

DKHBEfEWsAAYPhk.jpg

Poor decisions/appointments from the top.

RDM/Mcleish/Garde/Sherwood - its wonder we aren't a hell of a lot worse !

1 minute ago, KH** said:

To me, it seems more likely that Smith would keep his job if we went down 

You might be right - its not a given that he will be sacked.....

But with £140m player investment, most goals conceded , no win since January , and relegation to follow - it would hardly stun the footballing world if he were sacked

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

But with £140m player investment, most goals conceded , no win since January , and relegation to follow - it would hardly stun the footballing world if he were sacked

Just by that I meant, that if we managed to stay up somehow, they might be more inclined to look elsewhere for a manager for the premier league. Whereas if we went down, they might think smith would be good enough for another go in the championship 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Roar Lion Roar! 🦁

DKHBEfEWsAAYPhk.jpg

That's an impressive wall display there.

Is it yours?

6 minutes ago, KH** said:

Just by that I meant, that if we managed to stay up somehow, they might be more inclined to look elsewhere for a manager for the premier league. Whereas if we went down, they might think smith would be good enough for another go in the championship 

Who knows !

As I have said elsewhere getting a club out of the championship doesn't make you a great manager - hey even RDM did it !.

Whatever the reasons Smith has been unable to keep us the prem - if he gets us back there, would it be any different second time around ?

I think we could quite easily find another manager to get us out of the championship  - I don't think DS has a monopoly on that. Whenever we have these wiil he/wont he end of season dilemmas the manager usually goes 

Edited by hippo

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

How much per player is that though? We had a turnover of 30 players more or less. Smith should stay, in a lot of ways he's paying for getting us promoted first go to then face the most ridiculous summer by fault of the previous regime at the club. We had to gamble on players in the price bracket we were forced into because of the sheer numbers we needed, not enough of the gambles worked. We are 5 players short of being competitive at this level. I would back Smith to keep a core of a team together, be backed to build on that and to get us back up again with a squad that will need some additions but not a total rebuild.

• Like 1

He’s been massively let down by the recruitment, but then again that doesn’t excuse his apparent lack of tactical awareness. 

If he does get sacked though, I currently have no idea who would and should be next in line. 

i just don’t know 

5 minutes ago, KH** said:

He’s been massively let down by the recruitment, but then again that doesn’t excuse his apparent lack of tactical awareness. 

If he does get sacked though, I currently have no idea who would and should be next in line. 

i just don’t know 

A cluster of VillaTalk have chosen Pochettino (providing we escape relegation).

If we go down, then Dyche or Allerdyce by the looks of things...

Edited by AvfcRigo82

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A cluster of VillaTalk have chosen Pochettino (providing we escape relegation).

If we go down, then Dyche or Allerdyce by the looks of things...

Pochettino would be lovely. But I just don’t see that as realistic, but trust me I’d love to proven wrong on that! 

• Haha 1