New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

6 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Personally, if we are in the Championship, I’d like to see Mellberg as the next manager.

He is 3 games into the Helsingborg job and has been a dreadful start. 0 goals 7 conceded

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whatever happens id prefer non British if looking for a long term appointment Mcleish sherwood bruce smith all shit and failed. 

We had an Italian Champions League winner as manager as well. He failed too

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t believe people want Big Sam!

He's pragmatic and knows how to build a team that gets results. Admittedly, that is the limit of his capabilities, but the fact we clearly lack the basics in our current form, is the reason why people want him. Rodgers, although he has always been out of our reach, is the kind of manager who can be pragmatic and then adapt to a more ambitious style. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 1

I'd probably take any manger on that poll ahead of Smith apart from pulis. I'd rather jt just have it till the end of the season at least we might see some fight and energy from the players if that happens because its not happening under Smith for what ever reason 

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is 3 games into the Helsingborg job and has been a dreadful start. 0 goals 7 conceded

He's no way ready for a big job like us.

Love the guy but I doubt he'll ever managed at this high a level. Think he could develop into a solid head coach in time thou.

I think with Big Sam it's because when we drop he has that ability to get a team promoted and stabilize them in the Prem for a year or two... Then you upgrade to the superstar manager to bring in the more expansive football or whatever. What we have done is try to play expansive football with a manager who has zero experience of the Premier League and with a hastily assembled squad of relatively unknown cheap players (Ghazi, Trez, Wesley, Samatta, Nyland, Guilbert etc) or other clubs rejects such as Mings, Heaton & Targett etc.

It's actually quite nuts when you look at it retrospectively.

So Big Sam hopefully assembles a stronger squad to get promoted and stay up for a season or two and then you slowly build a stronger squad and upgrade to a suitable manager at the appropriate time to push on.

That's how i see it at any rate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Love the guy but I doubt he'll ever managed at this high a level. Think he could develop into a solid head coach in time thou.

The interview you posted last week where he talks about his break and developing a football philosophy was a bit of an eye opener. I think he has potential but it wouldn't work at Villa

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

VillaTalk in a nutshell.

English manager with a foreign sounding name or a foreigner with a English sounding name is the way to go.

Edit: Maybe Thomas Frank is the way to go. Checks all the boxes. Brentford manager ✓ Foreigner ✓ English sounding name ✓  He has it all :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah good one. Rodgers BEFORE smith came. Not that hard to understand 

Yeah saying you don't want a British manager (cause they're all bad) then in the next post saying you want a British manager, well done. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah good one. Rodgers BEFORE smith came. Not that hard to understand 

Its racist labeling all British managers the same anyway.  Irrespective of whether you think he could no longer help us

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

He'll do well at Brentford.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love good Sunday morning jokes....😂

Do you think it is laughably wrong that Fat Sam knows how to build a team that gets results? His football may be ugly and he may be an arrogant twa*t, but I think his pragmatism is the one thing everyone accepts is true about him.

• Like 1