New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

12 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

In the current mess we’re in I’d give it big sam to keep us up and I reckon he would keep us up if he was appointment before the next game

Not sure we've played a game more than our rivals  , have man u & Liverpool next with a worse goal difference. 

It's still big ask for Sam -.

For me though we do need to move sharply for our next manager. Get him in now - not with the expectation of keeping us up - but so we're not pissing about trying to lure Lee Johnson 4 weeks before the season starts.

Clubs have had joint managers before

How about triple managers

Pulis, Warnock and Allardyce working together. 

Dream team. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Wenger and Poch 🤦‍♂️

Do we purposely try and act deluded? 

Tbh I think we should go for Guardiola, he’s only got a year left at Manchester City and that European ban is gonna cripple his motivation.  

seriously though, it’s clear Smith isn’t the man. He looks lost out there and post game interviews flit between bullshit, blindness and excuses. If he’s like that at Bodymoor too then little wonder the players don’t know how to play football.  It’s not for us to appoint the next manager though, yeah it’s fun to speculate but the club need to sort the recruitment out and you’d hope there’s someone upstairs who knows what they are doing.  The players we’ve signed under the new regime have basically all flopped except McGinn and Mings so I’m not filled with confidence.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I really think we missed the boat by not going for rodgers. He is the EXACT manager we need

Leicester showed great ambition too in getting him.

Had you suggested to someone weeks prior to that in that he would leave a treble treble chasing Celtic 3/4 way through the season to take the Leicester job you would have been wheeled off in a straitjacket.

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And Laursen as assistant!

Don’t know if Martin is interested in coaching, but believe he should be involved in the club, whether as a team manager, player officer etc.

Rodgers was rumoured to be on his way out of Celtic before Leicester came in for him, so I don't think it was any great surprise, he had fallen out with their owners over transfers, including their failure to sign McGinn.

3 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Personally, if we are in the Championship, I’d like to see Mellberg as the next manager.

I love mellberg he is a villa legend  but i dont want the fans turning on him like in the past. Its a massive job and a bigger gamble than Smith. 

• Like 1

in recent times the managers that have done well for us are either the ones who were big coups like O'Neill, Atkinson and Taylor, or ones that had previously played for the club like Little and Gregory. Different times. Milosevic linked.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Rodgers was rumoured to be on his way out of Celtic before Leicester came in for him, so I don't think it was any great surprise, he had fallen out with their owners over transfers, including their failure to sign McGinn.

There was dissension in the ranks behind closed doors absolutely, but with only 11 league games to go and in the quarter finals of one cup (having already bagged the league cup) you would wait until the end of the season surely!? and wouldn't have expected to happen what actually did.

Leicester showed great ambition once they identified who they wanted and went and got their man there and then rather than wait until the end of the season and it's paid off.

Hopefully we can take a leaf out of their book once we have identified our replacement and do what it takes to get him!