Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Slow tempo hesitant first 45 with us as usual having little penetration. At least with up top there is a chance the ball might drop for a teammate if one of our attackers wins the header.

I expect to see a more urgent Wolves in the second as they've mainly preserved energy and kept positions.

Our lack of pace and squad dept will also show I fear. Not looking forward to Adama coming on.

• Like 2

That was a good half and yet wolves had the 3 best chances for me and should have scored.

Don't want to see Nyland again, the guy may be decent underneath but he has some serious trust issues with himself so how can you expect the back 4 to trust him.

Good first half against a quality team.  We never looked like scoring but neither did they really apart from Nyland’s gaffe.  Scared of the second half as they have another gear but we don’t and they have Neto and Traore as well.  Fingers crossed, eyes half closed and hope we can get something from this game.

Jack is slowing it down far too much and holding the ball far too much when simple passes keeps us moving.

Nakamba has been poor so far.

we just don't seem to want to attack, get the ball turn and lay it back, 90% of the time for a mings hoof, lose the ball and start again. Why we can't do simple pass and move, something we did well at the start of the season, is obviously not just beyond me, its beyond our players as well.

Nyland ? Oh dear oh dear but having said that hause did something nearly as bad earlier in the game.

Corners, Jack for inswingers one side connor from the other. Floating it is from corners and free kicks has not worked and has wasted all out set piece attempts.

Some sorting out to do in the next 10 minutes because half the team look lost.