DAB car stereos

theboyangel

I hardly use my car stereo due to only being able to pick up Radio 1 and 2 (get very little on medium wave either) and hate filling my car up with cds etc.

so considering getting a DAB radio fitted. Have seen proper stereo units (with inbuilt CD player and USB ports etc) but also a DAB adaptor unit (much cheaper but no idea if they’re any good?)

has anyone got any tips or advice about them? 

My Car's got one built in and it's brilliant. Obviously places like Halfords sell aftermarket units and kits and what not - maybe go and get them to give demo?

I suppose and alternative would be to use your phone to play either downloaded or live stream radio programmes and bluetooth it, or plug it in?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

My Car's got one built in and it's brilliant. Obviously places like Halfords sell aftermarket units and kits and what not - maybe go and get them to give demo?

I suppose and alternative would be to use your phone to play either downloaded or live stream radio programmes and bluetooth it, or plug it in?

Thanks Blandy, will pop down the local Halfords and chew their ear! 

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Thanks Blandy, will pop down the local Halfords and chew their ear! 

Not at a socially distanced 1m you won't ;)

I've got a DAB radio in my car (an aftermarket double din sat nav jobby) but i tend to stream Spotify via BT through my phone instead. The playlists and radio stations on Spotify more than cater for my needs. Then again I only do 3k miles per year so barely use it! 

• Thanks 1

Think Norway was the first country to switch off the FM broadband and turn to DAB. It's not been a huge success. Largely due to how our geography is I guess, but it's one of those things that frustrates the living crap out of you once it doesn't work. 

Â