• Grealish
    • Samatta (Davis 57)
    • Nakamba (Hourihane 70)
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 70)
    • Jota (McGinn 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/06/20 at 17:00

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Not with smith in charge. 

I'd bet we would, because we wouldn't set up to try and snatch a 1-0. He hasn't ever been a negative coach till now. 

Absolute shit once again but fairly certain that we’ll approach the next game the same way.

Another wasted afternoon that would been better spent punching myself repeatedly in the face. 

• Like 1

Smells of the Remi Garde side. Powder puff at best. The amount of space Alonso and Azpilicueta had was disgusting. That's down to bad management, picking a terribly unbalanced side. He's out of his depth. A mid-table championship manager who had a good run last season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Going down. The remaining games are just a parade to the finish.

Smith, nice bloke, not good enough, needs to be sacked. 

Grealish's thinking about his new club.

If Grealish plays like that he won’t get a new club , total crap performance from him.

• Like 3

If you play tactics like today, why even pick Jack? He's not going to do anything with such negativity, he's a creative player. All he does is be a liability in defense.

I don't blame Jack at all. He's the only good thing we have, and now Smith is ruining him too.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 2

Just now, villakram said:

Blah... champo here we come. Tough to be too bothered by it, which says it all really!

Might as well give Terry a shot at this stage.

I’d give him a shot. Might at least put some fire in their bellies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Sack Smith now and let someone else have a go at getting us out of this shit!

I don't know how feasible that is during lock down 

• Confused 1

That was infuriatingly pathetic, can't really fault individual performances today but the whole game plan was dreadful. We showed Chelsea far too much respect and in the end paid for it, we sat off too deep and the defence and midfield were too close together. Even so Chelsea were still the better team and able to find spaces to create chances so why Smith didn't change the tactics I have no idea. I expected to lose but the fact we seemed to offer no competition at all was the most worrying factor.

Luiz was good once again, Hause and Mings did well for most of the game, Davis looked a handful but very little else to note from the squad. Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi all pretty useless today. 

Chelsea were in a different league to us today, and next season they will literally be in a different league.

Smith is going to take us down. He is. he does not know how to get these players playing, he does not how to play to their strengths or weaknesses , he keeps doing the same thing and its not working. But he does it again the next time any way. As I keep saying (sorry) something has to change and only one change can be made THE MANAGER. Why are we still letting him do this. Why are we sticking with something that is not working What ever you think of the players, we cant change them now. We love Smith but he isn't showing anything different week after week 

Give JT the job until the end of season, No idea if he would be any better. But for God sake he cant be any worse. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT 

• Like 3

Dean tried to be Big Sam for an hour, and it worked, up to a point. Having got to half time one up against the run of play you can understand his thinking that we just carry on in the same vein. But that's where you need to be brave. Hoofing it back to them every time it was in our box only gave them more practice and the inevitable happened. He's had a go at pretty much everything to be fair but at the end of the day we just don't have good enough players.

Ref was shocking. Grealish was tag-teamed by Chelsea so any glimmer of hope we might've had when he got the ball was quickly snuffed out. Kanté should have been booked earlier and so probably wouldn't have made that late foul. This is where you really lose your home advantage without a crowd. Refs favour the big teams even more.

• Like 1

Â