Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith and Co are not always right.

I personally think we have players on the bench that are taking space up that otherwise could be better spent bringing some youth through properly. 

I personally see Barry and Ramsey who should be occupying each a bench space and they are better than Ghazi, Trezegeut and Davis. The Majority if the time when we bring those three on in games in the second half I feel as they Smith's saying I haven't got anything else in the tank and basically that's what happens. We hit dead ends all to often with Trez,Ghazi and Davis to the point I'm sick of seeing them fail at what they do and fail at trying to do what they are brought on field for which is to somehow score goals and open up opposition and support other players. If we have a bench full of players who fail at there job then why not utilise and make use of anytime we have left this season to get some Youth ready for next season.

If it's one thing I can't figure Smith out on and it's also frustrating is why go with more of the same  He at least has excellent, exciting young prospects available who are bringing there A game against the U23s regular and who look like they ready for there next challenge and step up to the senior side, who could maybe change the games against some opponents.

Just get them on the bench and get them some game time if Europe is looking Slim and were in no danger of being relegated.

There is obviously a reason Smith and co aren’t doing it.  Do you really believe if they were ready that Smith wouldn’t use them?  That’s what I don’t understand in fans thinking that Smith would choose not to bring the kids in if they were ready.  He gets no benefit from not using the best players at his disposal.  He knows bringing in kids will get him favour with fans like at any club but doesn’t because why? He’s being stubborn, he doesn’t rate them or is it just rational.....stay with me....they aren’t ready!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

There is obviously a reason Smith and co aren’t doing it.  Do you really believe if they were ready that Smith wouldn’t use them?  That’s what I don’t understand in fans thinking that Smith would choose not to bring the kids in if they were ready.  He gets no benefit from not using the best players at his disposal.  He knows bringing in kids will get him favour with fans like at any club but doesn’t because why? He’s being stubborn, he doesn’t rate them or is it just rational.....stay with me....they aren’t ready!

He keeps using a winger system we can't make work and uses two Wingers who haven't got a clue how to exploit defences. So yes I do believe it's possible that he is making a mistake not putting a couple of obvious choices on the bench. They are more than ready youngsters on the bench and instead I think Smith is all in favour of hoping Ghazi, Trezegeut and KD somehow put the big boy pants on and make it all work. It's not going to and change is needed in formation till Summer and a few of the players. What happens next season when Smith and Co could of used this time wisely to blood in players and he did not, how on earth are we ever going to see any Youth join the senior ranks, the time has never been so right as it is now to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He keeps using a winger system we can't make work and uses two Wingers who haven't got a clue how to exploit defences. So yes I do believe it's possible that he is making a mistake not putting a couple of obvious choices on the bench. They are more than ready youngsters on the bench and instead I think Smith is all in favour of hoping Ghazi, Trezegeut and KD somehow put the big boy pants on and make it all work. It's not going to and change is needed in formation till Summer and a few of the players. What happens next season when Smith and Co could of used this time wisely to blood in players and he did not, how on earth are we ever going to see any Youth join the senior ranks, the time has never been so right as it is now to be honest.

So you believe and a couple of others believe, it doesnt mean it's right.

Just dont understand and you havent explained why, Dean would forgo this chance as you say 'the time has never been so right' if there wasnt a reason?  I assume you believe that Smith wants the best for us, I think that's a given.  So he must believe that El Ghazi, Trez and KD are more helpful to him than the kids or at least the kids arent ready.  There is no other explanation.  If that's the case why is it a debate because nothing will change.  If he thought the kids would give better on the pitch than those three do you not believe he would pick them, even if it is for the bench or that at least if those three were of no or less use that places on the bench would be given to the kids.

I think you guys are getting your knickers in a twist over something that you only have a bit of knowledge about ie the kids ability to step up compared to professionals that see the kids day in and day out.  This isnt the difference between Nakamba, McGinn, Luiz and Sanson argument this is kids playing at lower levels that you only see clips of compared to the highest levels of football.  Jacob Ramsey has found it difficult this season and looked lost at the end, maybe the others that look brilliant at their level maybe dont even look that ready.  Maybe in training with the first team they are too off the pace to be considered, you dont know but Dean and co are seeing it daily and making their judgment based on that.

I'm not disagreeing with you of how we are playing at the moment and everybody knows my lack of love for KD that I'd rather play the steward who says hi when I enter the Holte End than KD, and I agree that Traz and El Ghazi arent up to speed even if El Ghazi basically got player of the month in January and scored...five goals from memory but still I rather better and I think our squad is extremely small but the advancement of kids is not easy and I think you guys are way off pace with this one.  Plus it's not going to happen by the looks of it so what's the point of arguing over it.  Anyway I'll leave it now and let you discuss it if you want but I'm out of this one now.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So you believe and a couple of others believe, it doesnt mean it's right.

Just dont understand and you havent explained why, Dean would forgo this chance as you say 'the time has never been so right' if there wasnt a reason?  I assume you believe that Smith wants the best for us, I think that's a given.  So he must believe that El Ghazi, Trez and KD are more helpful to him than the kids or at least the kids arent ready.  There is no other explanation.  If that's the case why is it a debate because nothing will change.  If he thought the kids would give better on the pitch than those three do you not believe he would pick them, even if it is for the bench or that at least if those three were of no or less use that places on the bench would be given to the kids.

I think you guys are getting your knickers in a twist over something that you only have a bit of knowledge about ie the kids ability to step up compared to professionals that see the kids day in and day out.  This isnt the difference between Nakamba, McGinn, Luiz and Sanson argument this is kids playing at lower levels that you only see clips of compared to the highest levels of football.  Jacob Ramsey has found it difficult this season and looked lost at the end, maybe the others that look brilliant at their level maybe dont even look that ready.  Maybe in training with the first team they are too off the pace to be considered, you dont know but Dean and co are seeing it daily and making their judgment based on that.

I'm not disagreeing with you of how we are playing at the moment and everybody knows my lack of love for KD that I'd rather play the steward who says hi when I enter the Holte End than KD, and I agree that Traz and El Ghazi arent up to speed even if El Ghazi basically got player of the month in January and scored...five goals from memory but still I rather better and I think our squad is extremely small but the advancement of kids is not easy and I think you guys are way off pace with this one.  Plus it's not going to happen by the looks of it so what's the point of arguing over it.  Anyway I'll leave it now and let you discuss it if you want but I'm out of this one now.

So let me get this right you believe people are argueing because they have an opinion and it's different to yours, that doesn't make it an argument for a start.

Secondly the way you wrote that it's like your trying to antagonise people especially when your telling them they shouldn't get there knickers in a twist. Telling others on a forum they have only abit of knowledge all because they give an opinion and you don't agree with, then you go offer an opinion and somehow seem to think what you say is something more of an experienced bit of knowledge is like telling them there words mean shit all while yours should be listened to.

The whole disagreeing from you and you pointing out your not disagreeing makes no sense since that's exactly what you are doing lol.

The players you mentioned Nakamba, Mcginn, Luiz and Sanson for one reason or another they are not in the same category as Ghazi, Trezegeut and Davis. Those three players could be on there last games then summer we won't see Ghazi, Trezegeut and Davis any longer and in manga eyes they are the very reason that we are looking flat up front. Barkley is another reason we are looking one dimensional. What is the point in Smith playing a formation or playing those four players if all they are is a hinderence on the team and its formation. if those four players of them are not working and everyone they come on they make us worse, then what is the point in keep playing the same ways with the same players all to look to obvious and very easy to figure out?? Taking out Barkley, Ghazi, Davis and Trez would seem like it weakens us but in fact it may actually be the opposite for all we know. Add four youth players instead of those and we seen what they could do if coaches right as they played one heck of a game against a Liverpool side, they should be given more of an opportunity when first teamers mess up all to often. As I said we ain't going Europe, we ain't going to get relegated so use the time wisely to blood in some youth and prepare them for next season. We need these youth even more, if we're to push on next season and we want to be in Europe we have to learn to rotate better with youth also. The other big clubs rotate without much fuss with there  first team players and some youths for the big five will even see some games in Europe, we have to be prepared to learn to rotate at the times instead of using one team all season. Using that one team all season has made us look and feel so tired for this second halfz if youth had of been used abit more we maybe pulling some more results out than what we have pulled out this season because we would of had more first teamers more rested, who knows may even of avoided certain Injury's.

Smith is reluctant to use youth as much as he said he would when he came into the job, whether you see it or not he is like many other manager on that end with favourites. Smith has to learn how to put favouritism aside and he's favoured players at times that have dropped the ball so much when the clear option would of been to of given someone else a chance. Smith is a good coach but he has his flaws as does everyone else, his flaws seem to be incapable of changing that bloody formation even when it's obvious he should and also to take players out the team if they are not doing sweet F.A. 

Smith does need options yes, but the club also has to get rid of some players which hold it back, for the time being for the rest of this season Smith should use youth while he's safe in the middle of the table, he won't have that luxury next season. Ramsey and Barry are in fire, it wouldn't be to much trouble to fast track them to the senior team by giving them minutes for the rest of this season, it would not hurt anyone at all not unless your names Davis, Ghazi, Trez and Barkley.

40 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

So let me get this right you believe people are argueing because they have an opinion and it's different to yours, that doesn't make it an argument for a start.

Secondly the way you wrote that it's like your trying to antagonise people especially when your telling them they shouldn't get there knickers in a twist. Telling others on a forum they have only abit of knowledge all because they give an opinion and you don't agree with, then you go offer an opinion and somehow seem to think what you say is something more of an experienced bit of knowledge is like telling them there words mean shit all while yours should be listened to.

The whole disagreeing from you and you pointing out your not disagreeing makes no sense since that's exactly what you are doing lol.

The players you mentioned Nakamba, Mcginn, Luiz and Sanson for one reason or another they are not in the same category as Ghazi, Trezegeut and Davis. Those three players could be on there last games then summer we won't see Ghazi, Trezegeut and Davis any longer and in manga eyes they are the very reason that we are looking flat up front. Barkley is another reason we are looking one dimensional. What is the point in Smith playing a formation or playing those four players if all they are is a hinderence on the team and its formation. if those four players of them are not working and everyone they come on they make us worse, then what is the point in keep playing the same ways with the same players all to look to obvious and very easy to figure out?? Taking out Barkley, Ghazi, Davis and Trez would seem like it weakens us but in fact it may actually be the opposite for all we know. Add four youth players instead of those and we seen what they could do if coaches right as they played one heck of a game against a Liverpool side, they should be given more of an opportunity when first teamers mess up all to often. As I said we ain't going Europe, we ain't going to get relegated so use the time wisely to blood in some youth and prepare them for next season. We need these youth even more, if we're to push on next season and we want to be in Europe we have to learn to rotate better with youth also. The other big clubs rotate without much fuss with there  first team players and some youths for the big five will even see some games in Europe, we have to be prepared to learn to rotate at the times instead of using one team all season. Using that one team all season has made us look and feel so tired for this second halfz if youth had of been used abit more we maybe pulling some more results out than what we have pulled out this season because we would of had more first teamers more rested, who knows may even of avoided certain Injury's.

Smith is reluctant to use youth as much as he said he would when he came into the job, whether you see it or not he is like many other manager on that end with favourites. Smith has to learn how to put favouritism aside and he's favoured players at times that have dropped the ball so much when the clear option would of been to of given someone else a chance. Smith is a good coach but he has his flaws as does everyone else, his flaws seem to be incapable of changing that bloody formation even when it's obvious he should and also to take players out the team if they are not doing sweet F.A. 

Smith does need options yes, but the club also has to get rid of some players which hold it back, for the time being for the rest of this season Smith should use youth while he's safe in the middle of the table, he won't have that luxury next season. Ramsey and Barry are in fire, it wouldn't be to much trouble to fast track them to the senior team by giving them minutes for the rest of this season, it would not hurt anyone at all not unless your names Davis, Ghazi, Trez and Barkley.

Three paragraphs of bizarre. Then a lengthy paragraph which jumps around topics trying to convince yourself.  Fifth paragraph that started badly but was good at the end. Then back to being wrong in the sixth paragraph.

Overall you are just saying the same thing plus an early dig at me, doesn’t make you right and thankfully Smith isn’t following your advice.

Edited by nick76

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Three paragraphs of bizarre. Then a lengthy paragraph which jumps around topics trying to convince yourself.  Fourth paragraph that started badly but was good at the end. Then back to being wrong in the fifth paragraph.

Overall you are just saying the same thing plus an early dig at me, doesn’t make you right and thankfully Smith isn’t following your advice.

You should try have a look at what is coming out of your mouth, just much less with much more nonsense and Arrogant digs at people.

Doesn't make me wrong because you think you are always right. You can tell people all day long that they are inexperienced or get there nickers in a twist, you offer nothing in terms of a debate and instead try to crap on what others are talking about, it's not cool. Thanks for telling me how my post for some reason in your brain is messed up, it's not rocket science around here.

Your abit ignorant and it's a good job Smith doesn't follow your advice also. All your doing is offering a negative opinion putting yourself across as better than others and telling them that they have little to no knowledge all because you think your right in what you say. Bit of Advice is when you put yourself out there like that, some of these good people in this community will eventually tell you to kindly shove those words where the sun doesn't shine. Your words are just antagonising, I offered along with others why we would like to see youth being used more, even offered many reasons,along with very reasonable explanations, yet your right they are wrong all while they know nothing, great job, not..

Edited by Dave-R

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You should try have a look at what is coming out of your mouth, just much less with much more nonsense and Arrogant digs at people.

Doesn't make me wrong because you think you are always right. You can tell people all day long that they are inexperienced or get there nickers in a twist, you offer nothing in terms of a debate and instead try to crap on what others are talking about, it's not cool. Thanks for telling me how my post for some reason in your brain is messed up, it's not rocket science around here.

Your abit ignorant and it's a good job Smith doesn't follow your advice also. All your doing is offering a negative opinion putting yourself across as better than others and telling them that they have little to no knowledge all because you think your right in what you say. Bit of Advice is when you put yourself out there like that, some of these good people in this community will eventually tell you to kindly shove those words where the sun doesn't shine. Your words are just antagonising, I offered along with others why we would like to see youth being used more, even offered many reasons,along with very reasonable explanations, yet your right they are wrong all while they know nothing, great job, not..

Blah Blah Blah GIF by Minions

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

The physical side of the game is so difficult for youth to acclimatise to.....It takes game time to adjust to and harden to. i have no idea if a young player is ready for this, but seasoned pro coaches will.

Dean will know this.

However, I am keen too,to see these highly rated rising stars perform on the big stage.

Its just the physicality, that concerns me, its so easy for opponents,to take young players out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:
6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Blah Blah Blah GIF by Minions

And that's when you know someone's lost the debate because they offer ignorance and nothing relevant.

It's a football forum, usually means listen to others as much as you want to be listened to back without having your head in your ass with people.

Well done on finding 3 words you do understand, it's much less work than a full paragraph of rocket science nick 😂😭.

Now let's get back to Smith and why we alot of think Smith should think about possibly changing formation, taking a couple of players out the dirst team all while adding some Youth like Ramsey or Barry for the remainder of the season.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

let's get back to Smith and why we alot of think Smith

Gold!

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

And that's when you know someone's lost the debate because they offer ignorance and nothing relevant.

Just because you say the same things over and over in longer comments is not a debate

7 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well done on finding 3 words you do understand, it's much less work than a full paragraph of rocket science nick 😂😭.

That’s what happens after reading your comments, I can feel my IQ dropping after each comment.  It felt like pictures might be easier for you to understand.

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Smith should think about possibly changing formation, taking a couple of players out the dirst team all while adding some Youth like Ramsey or Barry for the remainder of the season

Shock! Horror! Saying the same thing again. More boring than a Steve Bruce game plan.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

The physical side of the game is so difficult for youth to acclimatise to.....It takes game time to adjust to and harden to. i have no idea if a young player is ready for this, but seasoned pro coaches will.

Dean will know this.

Some youth I would say TRO can do it much faster than what others do, those are the players who have to be set out differently to some of the ones who come on later.

Many would say Barry doesn't have strength but then you look at Barry and realise he's a player who uses a very different game to the physical ones. While a physical player looks to get into the nitty gritty with you a player like Barry is doing everything he can to keep you away from him, he uses the mental more technical game to mess opponents up.

Ramsey has a very good first pass, he's smart on the ball and to me it makes sense having him in the side over a couple other first teamers as the more game time he gets the better it will be for us next season.

Youth need to be given the chance more and I honestly shouldn't have to remind everyone around here that while ever we have such underwhelming first team players that it would not hurt to get rid of Ghazi, Trezegeut, Davis or Barkely and give them a shot. It may even give some of these underwhelming first teamers a kick up the backside and I do feel as though they believe there place is a hunky doree and safe.

You are right Smith and Co will see if youth are ready, even have an insight what we don't but as I have pointed out already is that even coaches and there team do not always make the right calls do they now?? Are favourites still being a priority at Villa over some obvious choices?? Sometimes I have thought about it and at team announcement time have seen favourites have taken priority over the obvious choices player.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Some youth I would say TRO can do it much faster than what others do, those are the players who have to be set out differently to some of the ones who come on later.

Many would say Barry doesn't have strength but then you look at Barry and realise he's a player who uses a very different game to the physical ones. While a physical player looks to get into the nitty gritty with you a player like Barry is doing everything he can to keep you away from him, he uses the mental more technical game to mess opponents up.

Ramsey has a very good first pass, he's smart on the ball and to me it makes sense having him in the side over a couple other first teamers as the more game time he gets the better it will be for us next season.

Youth need to be given the chance more and I honestly shouldn't have to remind everyone around here that while ever we have such underwhelming first team players that it would not hurt to get rid of Ghazi, Trezegeut, Davis or Barkely and give them a shot. It may even give some of these underwhelming first teamers a kick up the backside and I do feel as though they believe there place is a hunky doree and safe.

You are right Smith and Co will see if youth are ready, even have an insight what we don't but as I have pointed out already is that even coaches and there team do not always make the right calls do they now?? Are favourites still being a priority at Villa over some obvious choices?? Sometimes I have thought about it and at team announcement time have seen favourites have taken priority over the obvious choices player.

You make some good points.....I too am keen to see them and they have to learn to play in the prem.....personally, i am not sure when that time is.

I saw Gareth Barry, Gary Shaw and Brian little come on the scene at a tender age, but I trusted the coaches with that.

I have only seen the odd moments of superb play from our youth players.....I have not seen the full games of these kids, so can't comment......but I do know, the odd moment in a game, is not enough at this level..you have to learn the dark arts as much as the pretty stuff....you have to be able to mix it, that takes game time....the devil is in the detail, they have to get that right.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Gold!

Just because you say the same things over and over in longer comments is not a debate

That’s what happens after reading your comments, I can feel my IQ dropping after each comment.  It felt like pictures might be easier for you to understand.

Shock! Horror! Saying the same thing again. More boring than a Steve Bruce game plan.

Grow up you child, you are absolutely one heck of a clown at this moment. People have been reading your pile of crap for ages and read your same B S. Stop antagonising people or trying to. Your last god knows how many messages have been more about winding people up rather than talking about what they are on about and replying to them with a little respect, think someone needs to take himself out of the house for some fresh air. Like I said people have told you in detailed explanations but it doesn't seem to sink in with you, if people are having to say thing over then you may need to learn to let the info sink on in.

Seriously how old are you, all it seems your on here for is to talk down to people and offer nothing at all but an argument as it seem like your looking for one.

People are free to say what they like, with what opinion they choose and because you choose to not like it Nick doesn't make you right or give you a reason in being an ass with them.

But it's pointless trying to get a point across with someone as obnoxious as you, I think were all wasting our time.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Smith is reluctant to use youth as much as he said he would when he came into the job, whether you see it or not he is like many other manager on that end with favourites. Smith has to learn how to put favouritism aside and he's favoured players at times that have dropped the ball so much when the clear option would of been to of given someone else a chance.

If I genuinely thought Smith had young players at his disposal that could offer more than his current first team players but he was reluctant to use them due to  favouritism, I wouldn’t really want him as manager. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

You make some good points.....I too am keen to see them and they have to learn to play in the prem.....personally, i am not sure when that time is.

I saw Gareth Barry, Gary Shaw and Brian little come on the scene at a tender age, but I trusted the coaches with that.

I have only seen the odd moments of superb play from our youth players.....I have not seen the full games of these kids, so can't comment......but I do know, the odd moment in a game, is not enough at this level..you have to learn the dark arts as much as the pretty stuff....you have to be able to mix it, that takes game time....the devil is in the detail, they have to get that right.

What do you do TRO when first teamers are pulling those kind of displays and you get the same consistency with Youth, Smith must feel lost at times right??

Do you stick with a couple of first teamers who will maybe pull off a couple good performances for the remainder of the season or do you use the remainder of the season to bring in Youth and see how they go in hope they turn out to be what you expect for next season??

I can imagine it's a tough one for Smith and I know the route I would choose but in my mind it takes abit of guts to take the Youth route.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

What do you do TRO when first teamers are pulling those kind of displays and you get the same consistency with Youth, Smith must feel lost at times right??

Do you stick with a couple of first teamers who will maybe pull off a couple good performances for the remainder of the season or do you use the remainder of the season to bring in Youth and see how they go in hope they turn out to be what you expect for next season??

I can imagine it's a tough one for Smith and I know the route I would choose but in my mind it takes abit of guts to take the Youth route.

I see your point Dave, really do.....but I am on the fence here, for no other reason than i don't see enough of the youth or fully appreciate the competition, they play against...

watching England now.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I see your point Dave, really do.....but I am on the fence here, for no other reason than i don't see enough of the youth or fully appreciate the competition, they play against...

watching England now.

Pooh crap I forgot it was on,thanks TRO.😊

• Like 1

Â