New Kits 20/21 Season

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Presumably because they have Mbappe? Would seem like they're gambling on him being the heir to Ronaldo and Messi.

Yeah could well be, they're hugely invested in him so put effort in to psg too

Saw an article recently suggesting that Nike were slowly coming out of boot sponsorships, they've let over 40 contracts for high profile players expire this year (sterling and neymar went to puma for example) 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I tried on an England shirt with I think vaporknit or whatever they call their stadium shirts or what it is now, the insanely expensive version... And the detailing on it made a bland and horrible shirt quite nice 

Still didn't buy it though, **** that price 

$50 at TJMaxx! Everything is cheap in America if you wait until it hits the discount department stores. I just bought a USA kit with the Vaporknit for $30 and the detailing is quite nice. And I'm on the smaller side (Nike S), so the player versions fit me better.

Still don't know what I am in Kappa, though. Probably XXL or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Presumably because they have Mbappe? Would seem like they're gambling on him being the heir to Ronaldo and Messi.

They had some Brazilian guy, too, who was supposed to be pretty good.

Can't think of his name, though.

3 hours ago, JamieZ said:

paris_saint_germain_2021_2022_home_kit_1.jpeg

I have no love for PSG but what a gorgeous shirt.

PSG are trying to make their shirts more than a football shirt, I've seen girls at the gym and in town wearing them. Fair play if they pull it off.

Football shirts are basically for kids and attending games. If I catch a grown man wearing this years kit of any team casually he's a nonce.

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Yellow-AC-Milan-Jersey-2014-15.jpg

AC Milan 2014/15 Third making a comeback I see

I guess there's been a lot of work involved tweaking it by some children in Bangladesh or Indonesia. That'll be why it costs 100 quid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't like how close together the graphical elements are on this one.

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. The 'Fly Emirates' logo would have sat better in that respect.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 22:44, HanoiVillan said:

Don't like how close together the graphical elements are on this one.

Sponsors want their name up high on the jersey so that when players are being interviewed on telly you can still see it. At least I think that's what Nurembergvillan said before. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Sponsors want their name up high on the jersey so that when players are being interviewed on telly you can still see it. At least I think that's what Nurembergvillan said before. 

That sounds completely plausible, to be honest.

• 5 months later...
50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

veryyellow.png

funny where your mind goes sometimes

perfectstorm3.jpg

“I mean when you look at it from a distance it’s pretty perfect, but as soon as it gets close you can see all these shoddy details to be honest, look at those waves, I don’t think they’re even 20ft. I give it 5/11 just for the lightning, it works well on the deep navy night sky.”

• Haha 3

Â