Your favourite mobile phone

KenjiOgiwara

Definitely the Nexus 4 or 5. Phones are ridiculous now, few manufacturers still do compact phones, and if they do, the specs are garbage.

When I got my Note 3 in 2013, people ripped the piss out of me because it was massive, but that's the same size as the standard S20 these days. I find a lot of modern phones impossible to comfortably hold in one hand.

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Definitely the Nexus 4 or 5. Phones are ridiculous now, few manufacturers still do compact phones, and if they do, the specs are garbage.

When I got my Note 3 in 2013, people ripped the piss out of me because it was massive, but that's the same size as the standard S20 these days. I find a lot of modern phones impossible to comfortably hold in one hand.

I sorted Android handsets with snapdragon 855 or newer by size. The smallest is the Pixel4 at 5.7 inches. Yikes

Just bought a new old-stock HTC One M10, it's about my 4th ot 5th HTC on the spin.

I like em, and I like old models because I'm not paying **** hundreds for any phone, and I don't need a contract as my Virgin sim gives me more than I could ever use in a month for just over ten quid.

On 27/07/2020 at 21:48, Genie said:

How often do you swap Android handsets out of interest.

i only swap phones when they break or the battery is iffy.

Current HTC is turning itself off at 30% battery left, so it's time to change.

On 29/07/2020 at 16:59, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like htc, but seems to be batteries that's the killer there

I have only ever had to return 2 phones for repair and they were both HTC. One of them went back with a fault with the screen, when it came back the screen was fixed by the microphone was now broken. 

• 3 weeks later...

No phone I have ever owned has made me as excited as my blue Charlie's Angels 8210.

Nokia_8210.jpg

My main aim was to get a phone which was as small as possible and this seemed to be absolutely tiny. 

I still dislike big phones to this day and I hate they are getting bigger and bigger all the time because screen size is king. My last 4 phones have progressively got bigger because you really have no choice. Then again with my eyes these days I could probably not go back to a smaller screen again. 

Oh.... And it was blue, not black which was a breath of fresh air. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It puzzles me why they insist on making the flagships bigger and bigger. It's not practical. And we all got laptops. And they even created these oversized phones called tablets  if you absolutely wanted that. **** if I know why they think bigger is better. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

33 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No phone I have ever owned has made me as excited as my blue Charlie's Angels 8210.

Nokia_8210.jpg

My main aim was to get a phone which was as small as possible and this seemed to be absolutely tiny. 

I still dislike big phones to this day and I hate they are getting bigger and bigger all the time because screen size is king. My last 4 phones have progressively got bigger because you really have no choice. Then again with my eyes these days I could probably not go back to a smaller screen again. 

Oh.... And it was blue, not black which was a breath of fresh air. 

I had that in red. My first ever phone. I liked it but it got mugged from me after a couple of months.

Replaced it with an 8310

Bit younger than most on here; 

First phone was a Nokia 6500 slide,

Swapped it with my brother for his Samsung Soul (one of my favourite phones as the touch pad thing was amazing at the time),

Then got a Nokia 6700 classic, one of the best looking phones I've had, loved the silver colour of it.

Moved onto a Nokia X6 then my love in for Nokia (well my dad's love for it) ended and moved onto Google phones. 

Google Nexus 5 (which just finally died fully) then Nexus 6P (had a bootloop issue on my original and a replacement).

Currently have a Pixel 2XL but 64GB is nothing nowadays so preordered the Note 20 Ultra. Can't wait!

4 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Currently have a Pixel 2XL but 64GB is nothing nowadays so preordered the Note 20 Ultra. Can't wait!

You won't like the built in adverts.

On 16/08/2020 at 22:00, Stevo985 said:

I had that in red. My first ever phone. I liked it but it got mugged from me after a couple of months.

Replaced it with an 8310

The 8310 was the first phone that I was really excited to get.  Everything before it seemed quite utilitarian, and erm, big, but the 8310 was all little and shiny and lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

The 8310 was the first phone that I was really excited to get.  Everything before it seemed quite utilitarian, and erm, big, but the 8310 was all little and shiny and lovely.

Yeah it was great. And it had snowboarding on it. Which was one of the first games that wasn’t snake I’d ever seen on a phone. 

The game was absolute dog shit but it made me very excited!

21 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Eh?

Samsung load up their default apps with ads.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/06/11/samsung-users-are-fed-up-with-obnoxious-and-unwanted-ads-in-oneui/

Nobody likes ads. But as the online world has matured, people have come to understand that certain ads are necessary to fund their favorite sites that are free to access (hello). And while it's one thing to see ads on a website, but quite another matter when they start showing up in your phone's built-in apps. That's just what's happening for a number of users with Samsung phones in the US and other regions across the globe.

Â