Your favourite mobile phone

KenjiOgiwara

Guess most of us have had a mobile phone for about 20-25 years now. What's been your favourite?

I know technology, options etc. have changed a LOT, but in terms of the quality you felt you were getting, what's been your favourite? Personally I started out with a Motorola in 97 (I think), then a Nokia 3210, 3310, 8210. HTC one, Samsung S series, Sony Xperia etc. Not sure the order.

I've never had an Iphone. And I've always loved the smaller phones. The new tablet flagships just aren't for me.

Personally I think in terms of build quality the HTC was amazing. Also really liked the Xperia Z (or whatever it was called). Nokia 3210 were a total laugh. Remember people actively trying to destroy them by throwing them into a brick wall and my school and the things just parted into 3 pieces and started right up again. 

Right now I fancy trying out Oneplus and Google Pixel. 

What's your favourite?

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Nokia 8310 because it was my first.

And yes the Nexus 5. Seems popular in this thread, but yeah when I got that I was amazed by how good it was. That's when Android was streets ahead of iPhones imo.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nokia 8310 because it was my first.

And yes the Nexus 5. Seems popular in this thread, but yeah when I got that I was amazed by how good it was. That's when Android was streets ahead of iPhones imo.

Remembered that the 8210 was my first phone. But it got robbed pretty early on so the 8310 is the one I consider my first proper phone.

8310 on my list somewhere too. I love phones. I tend to trade up quite early. 

I am lucky I got to work with a mobile phone provider a number of years ago and now get 12month contracts for life. 

19 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I am lucky I got to work with a mobile phone provider a number of years ago and now get 12month contracts for life. 

What do you mean? I buy my phones outright and have a month by month contract - what do you get extra for locking in for 12 months?

29 minutes ago, limpid said:

What do you mean? I buy my phones outright and have a month by month contract - what do you get extra for locking in for 12 months?

Unlimited data, texts, calls, new handset every 12 months (last year the S10+), before that S9, before that the iPhone 8.. I think. £45 a month.

19 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Unlimited data, texts, calls, new handset every 12 months (last year the S10+), before that S9, before that the iPhone 8.. I think. £45 a month.

Do you have to trade in the old phone? If not, that's a good deal.

I loved my Nexus 4, really premium feel and wireless charging 8 years ago! Battery went to shit eventually which was a shame.

I was changing android handsets every 6-9 months then went for first iPhone. Got a 6s and had it for 3.5 years, by far the longest I’ve had a mobile, it was brilliant and just didn’t show any signs of age. Got a new battery fitted by Apple for £25. My wife still uses it now. A quick trip back to android with Note 9 but was disappointed with several things about it. Back with iOS now with an Xr and like the 6s I don’t see myself swapping any time soon. 

The Moto Razr and KRazr, absolutely iconic. My first phone.

I loved my HTC Desire HD, there was a period where HTC were the best in the game and now they've just been absorbed by Google I think. Sony Ericsson used to have some cool ones too.

Massively nerdy answer incoming I suppose.

Nokia 3210; my first phone, also had the benefit of clip on covers - so naturally I got a spring loaded one that doubled the phones size but made it look vaguely like it was out of the matrix (things you do as a 16 year old).

HTC TyTn II; vaguely smart phone the size of a small house with a stylus-only-touchscreen and slid-out keyboard and limited internet functionality?  Sold.

HTC Desire HD; my first proper Android smart phone, the step up from the TyTn felt like I was in the future.  And I still think HTC Sense's weather clock widget (silly unlock animations and all) is the best evs.

Motorola Moto Z 2/3; nothing like locking yourself into a range of phones because you've gone out and bought wireless charging shells, Polaroid printers, extra battery packs, a mini boombox and a flipping projector that only work by attaching to the back of your phone...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

HTC Desire HD; my first proper Android smart phone, the step up from the TyTn felt like I was in the future.  And I still think HTC Sense's weather clock widget (silly unlock animations and all) is the best evs.

Agreed on the weather clock widget. It was also my first Android phone. Seriously, the first couple of years of its life was probably the most fun I had with a phone. HTC Sense was easily the best Android skin, back when Android was ugly and needed skins :lol: 

1 hour ago, CardiffGreens said:

And I still think HTC Sense's weather clock widget (silly unlock animations and all) is the best evs.

Appy weather

Â