The economic impact of Covid-19

Genie

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The rates are so low kenji and they will be for a while so its really not going to make a massive difference if it goes up or down in the immediate  future. 

Completely agree. Which is why a 10 year deal makes more sense than a 3 year one. IF you're going the fixed route. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Completely agree. Which is why a 10 year deal makes more sense than a 3 year one. IF you're going the fixed route. 

What if you move after 4/5/6 years? Penalty will be big for settling that early.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What if you move after 4/5/6 years? Penalty will be big for settling that early.

That's obviously a call you have to make yourself. I a bit surprised by that though cause it's not like that here. I don't see why it should be either. You can use the same bank where ever you live surely? 

The only two huge downsides I see is splitting the loan with a future partner and paying down the loan quicker than projected. 

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's obviously a call you have to make yourself. I a bit surprised by that though cause it's not like that here. I don't see why it should be either. You can use the same bank where ever you live surely? 

The only two huge downsides I see is splitting the loan with a future partner and paying down the loan quicker than projected. 

10 year fixes do carry a premium on price over here. 2/3 and 5 seems fairly similar, but a 10 adds a bit to the rate. I'd wager less than 1% of people would choose that product here. not sure why, guess its just not a product that sells over here. 

Talk of negative interest rates potentially coming here. 

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah that's what i was thinking genie. I think a 5 year is probably the best if you wanted a fixed option currently. Thats what i am contemptly. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Just been made redundant as expected.

Can a moderator change the kitchen fiddler bit in my bio  as I don't really want to see that every time I log in please ?🙁

Sorry to hear that mate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sorry to hear that mate.

Been sat in bed for 4 months like Brian Wilson waiting to find out but at least I know now. It's daunting as hell starting all over again at 40.

Probably going to start a Youtube channel and poop all over Star Wars .

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Can a moderator change the kitchen fiddler bit in my bio  as I don't really want to see that every time I log in please ?🙁

Really sorry to hear this mate.

Maybe you can get a job moderating for VT? It probably only £25-30k a year but its not bad as a part time income whilst you get back on your feet.

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Been sat in bed for 4 months like Brian Wilson waiting to find out but at least I know now. It's daunting as hell starting all over again at 40.

I got by far the best job I have had in my life last year, and am on a one-year contract due to end at the end of September. Normally, the rollover of these contracts is just a formality, but now it's looking likely that it won't be renewed. So I'm familiar with that feeling of impending doom, even if I've still got three more paychecks to get before I hit the wall. Solidarity, and I hope something comes your way soon.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Really sorry to hear this mate.

Maybe you can get a job moderating for VT? It probably only £25-30k a year but its not bad as a part time income whilst you get back on your feet.

For about 3 seconds my eyes lit up thinking this was a possibility.

Then the cruelness dawned upon me.

36 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

For about 3 seconds my eyes lit up thinking this was a possibility.

Then the cruelness dawned upon me.

Sorry mate, I didn’t mean to make things worse. I thought it was quite obviously a (shit) joke.

In seriousness though good luck. I’ve been made redundant a couple of times in my career and whilst I was really worried both times I moved onto bigger and better things

It gives you a fresh start to have a go at doing something new.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry mate, I didn’t mean to make things worse. I thought it was quite obviously a (shit) joke.

In seriousness though good luck. I’ve been made redundant a couple of times in my career and whilst I was really worried both times I moved onto bigger and better things

It gives you a fresh start to have a go at doing something new.

It's cool, I'm very well trained for this shit now.

I didn't get upset with your post , in fact I imagined the mods pitching VT to Dragons Den.  (We make nothing and our overheads are £200k ...)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I think your should go into stand up. 

Sorry to hear about losing your job mate

20 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Sorry to hear that mate. 17 weeks furlough, I am waiting the same outcome 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Brumerican said:

That's plan C.  I haven't given up on the meth empire.

And thanks xxx

I have cornered the meth market, there isn’t room for 2 of us. 

So my one peer in the UK and my Manager have been sacked, but no ones supposed to know so no one can talk about it.

I’m on borrowed time right now and my stress levels are so high I feel like my chest is going to cave in.

Company also announced yesterday all offices would remain closed until at least the end of the year.

Crazy times.

• Sad 4

Europa League qualifier game in 4 weeks time. As of right now, we don’t know who we will be playing or where. We aren’t allowed to train as a full team (max 5 players at a time) and physio has to be outdoors. We haven’t played since March, no warm up friendlies allowed. Other countries are currently finishing their season, so the Euro game will be the first time we’ve had 11 players on a pitch since March, the opposition will potentially have finished their competitive season the week before the game. This could be a something of a disadvantage. i think we could be looking to keep the score in single figures.

The game (if its here) will have no spectators, the club house will be closed. 

Potentially, in 2 week’s time we will have to arrange transport and accommodation for 25 people to who knows where, maybe the Faroes, maybe Macedonia, or Gibraltar or Norn Iron.

I wonder how much it costs to get 25 people to the Faroes at short notice? It doesn’t have the instant ring of being a twice daily £35 flight from Bristol. There’s a real possibility we could get a late draw to the least accessible place and not be able to organise it.

But, we know that at some point we’ve got a UEFA prize money cheque heading our way, providing we get 11 people to a venue on 20th August, all in matching shirts (something we didn’t quite manage when we played Boavista). Best of luck to the teams that don’t have that cheque coming.

Ec5yzFyWoAEooy1?format=jpg&name=medium

Federal unemployment augmentation ends in 2 weeks here and the GOP blocked further stimulus on the pretense that people will not try to find work and just be lazy scroungers.

Mass evictions are imminent. 

Â