The economic impact of Covid-19

Genie

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We've had a second property for about 15 years, that we used to let, and then our daughter and her husband lived it for several years. After they finally bought a place of their own last year, we decided to sell it. Worked like stink renovating and redecorating, had a buyer lined up - and then the pandemic hit. The buyer got cold feet and pulled out of the deal. Finally got another buyer, and managed to complete the day before yesterday. The day before the Bradford lockdown. Phew. 

Yea its annoying as it would have been sold months ago but covid has delayed it. Now we have the issue o f these tenants.

Goos news for you though  enjoy the cash 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'll say it before your kids do , but you've never been cool :)

Well for your information, I estimate I’ve been cool on three separate occasions.

Admittedly the most recent was in July 2000.

But three times man. Three.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yea its annoying as it would have been sold months ago but covid has delayed it. Now we have the issue o f these tenants.

Goos news for you though  enjoy the cash 😁

Didn't make much of a profit on it, but what there is the missus has got earmarked for improvements on our own house. 

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well for your information, I estimate I’ve been cool on three separate occasions.

Admittedly the most recent was in July 2000.

But three times man. Three.

ffs , I was sure I romped the VT coolness award with twice , now it looks like I'm in a relegation battle with blandy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

ffs , I was sure I romped the VT coolness award with twice , now it looks like I'm in a relegation battle with blandy

My coolness count isn’t even one. It’s way below zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, blandy said:

My coolness count isn’t even one. It’s way below zero.

yeah , putting caramel sauce on meat pies does that to a person  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You misunderstood the point she would go for the warrant not having to wait four weeks to do it as you cant apply to the court for a warrant order for eviction until 23rd august so 4th weeks just to apply.

You misunderstand the question.

I am asking you if you are sure that the next move is to get a warrant or writ? Are there not more steps in between serving notice and the notice period ending and then applying to a court for a writ, e.g. making a claim for possession and so on?

Where I'm trying to get to is to make sure that you have not missed a couple of steps out of the process that she needs to go through. As far as I can see from the links I gave you earlier, as she has given them a S.21 notice and the notice period has elapsed, the next step (which is unavailable until the 23rd August) would be to issue a claim for possession and only after that had been issued (and it looks like that requires some time to allow for the tenant to make a defence if they wish - 14 days?) would it be possible to then apply for a writ or a warrant.

The point I am making is that even though the statutory delay has stalled the whole process (which it has), if there were not that delay, you'd still have some time between the point where she is today and getting to High Court bailiffs evicting someone on the back of a writ/warrant (whichever it is from the High Court), i.e. it would not be immediate.

Again, I'm no expert and not claiming to be but I'm just going on the procedures that I can see written down and I want you to be sure of where you are in that process.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are they famous?

Do you like to sound of a guitar imitating bagpipes?

They had some hits. Stuart Adamson was a half-decent guitarist but the best music he made was in other bands not his own

I chose this video just so you can read how shit they were whilst listening to their shitness

Please note, the Proclaimers had to go one louder than Big Country (400 miles vs 500 Miles)

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've never once heard of this band 'Big Country' outside of people mocking Tony for liking them on here. Are they famous?

tbf I deserve mocking , regardless of Big Country

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've never once heard of this band 'Big Country' outside of people mocking Tony for liking them on here. Are they famous?

Nearly as famous as Pet Sounds. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I saw them live when I lived in Cornwall ages ago. I’d go and see whoever really, because not many bands would play. The Cornwall Colliseum is now beachside apartments. The gig was ok. Venues now are really struggling and I hope something’s done to help them. I see that one in Hebden Bridge, Tradesman's Hall is it? is on the brink. These places need protection after being closed due to Corolla fungus.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

tbf I deserve mocking

Yes you do. It wasn’t a meat pie it was a mini steak pudding that (through well refreshed eyes) looked like some sort of chocolate muffin.

• Haha 1

Â