The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Villatalk discussions...

image.png.09eaa39645016d4b3738632b1bb327c2.png

God knows what the American VTers make of all this. Both 'chips' and 'gravy' mean something entirely different over there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

God knows what the American VTers make of all this. Both 'chips' and 'gravy' mean something entirely different over there. 

You just made me go to Wiki

Egg gravy is a variety of gravy made starting with meat drippings (usually from bacon) followed by flour being used to make a thick roux. Water, broth, or milk is added and the liquid is brought back up to a boil, then salt and peppered to taste. A well-beaten egg is then slowly added while the gravy is stirred or whisked swiftly, cooking the egg immediately and separating it into small fragments in the gravy. Called rich man's gravy in some areas of the southern US.

I could read no further than that in case I was further scarred for life, I'm not even sure I'll recover from reading that. What the Holy F  is that served with. Yack

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yank gravy with “biscuits” is proper wank, disgusting stuff, I would say one of the worst popular cuisines I’ve ever tried

I am the opposite. I love that shit. Nothing better than biscuits and gravy. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

At the risk of being excluded from further commenting on heathens wrongly using pork and fish , I should probably confess that if I go to weddings and they have a chocolate fountain I dip cocktail sausages on a stick into it .... it’s surprisingly good and should be served at restaurants everywhere  

All bets are off at wedding parties and quite rightly, whatever happens at wedding parties, stays at wedding parties.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yank gravy with “biscuits” is proper wank, disgusting stuff, I would say one of the worst popular cuisines I’ve ever tried

I’d go with refried beans. 
Had them in Mexico and couldn’t believe it was an actual food. 

Tasted like what I imagine pouring an ashtray into a glass of water and mixing it into a paste would taste like

• Like 2

Chips & gravy - fine. Can be really tasty, got to be think gravy though, can’t have any watery gravy’s nonsense. Any meat save for fish, I can probably deal with. Gravy with fish though? Come on! What is wrong with you people?!  

And for the record as well:- 

1. Mango chutney, whilst don’t really like it, should only be with poppadums only, at most a non-sauce based starter I can accept. I know it can be part of some curry’s but mixed into the sauce to physically make it is different to adding more sauce on top.
  2. Apple sauce is wrong generally, but I give as a standard sauce. Stuffing and gravy for pork is the way forward. 
  3. Cranberry can go f*** itself. Shouldn’t be a thing.
  4. Refried beans - horrible. Why does every f***ing Mexican food want to add beans to it?
  5.  Cherries - absolute abomination! Ruin pretty much everything they are put in.
  6.  Chocolate and sausage?! Sounds like a euphemism for DHUTWU.
  7. But Vimto and milk?

team america vomit GIF

Think I’ve seen a side of people that I don’t want to...

• Haha 1

You couldn't be more wrong about cherries, especially about ruining other things too, I think they get better when put with other things, dark being better than normal 

As moon man said glace cherries are shite

Tin of cherry pie filler + bag of crumble mix = bliss 

• Like 2

Â