The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Pie and fries? Anglo-French fusion.

only had fries in the freezer, don't worry, she will not do it again, I can confirm the sausage, bacon cheese and beans pie was heavenly, especially in a sandwich 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind Frankie says, Britney says...                                                                                          *

IMG_1709.jpg

* there's an open goal there for someone  - for the second time - I'm not giving any more assists

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Riverside

Kind of. I mean river banks, fishing, the gentle bucolic, battle of wits and skills between man-and fish, the casting of the line, the clear water, the glimpse of a kingfisher, the mayflies and damselflies skitting about. Swallows dart and twist, a timeless scene. Thing is though, @bickster’s fish looks like it wasn’t so much caught as surrendered after a heavy battering. And then there’s the worrying presence of some sort of industrial, grey slurry in a mini vat, or septic tank. The diner seems to be aware of the risks being taken, as @chrisp65 astutely pointed out, in the presence of a viscous stabbing knife.

kids, don’t be like that. Just get some gravy. Be safe, be delicious.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Kind of. I mean river banks, fishing, the gentle bucolic, battle of wits and skills between man-and fish, the casting of the line, the clear water, the glimpse of a kingfisher, the mayflies and damselflies skitting about. Swallows dart and twist, a timeless scene. Thing is though, @bickster’s fish looks like it wasn’t so much caught as surrendered after a heavy battering. And then there’s the worrying presence of some sort of industrial, grey slurry in a mini vat, or septic tank. The diner seems to be aware of the risks being taken, as @chrisp65 astutely pointed out, in the presence of a viscous stabbing knife.

kids, don’t be like that. Just get some gravy. Be safe, be delicious.

This feud will never end, personally, I don't mind either or all, except, anything pickled should have to climb over at least 3 walls to get anywhere near some gravy.

One of my friends went round to her parents for dinner last night. They served lamb chops, new potatoes and salad with.... yep you guessed it... gravy.

SALAD with **** GRAVY. 

Gravy on fish and chips is filthy, but what kind of monster puts gravy on salad?! 

I’ve told her to immediately disown her ‘parents’, otherwise we can’t be friends any more. 

• Like 3

Â