The Gravy Feud® and Other Gastronomic Delights

blandy

Also the paper is decorating paper, to use to keep paint off table tops etc. The mags are for reading. I wouldn’t actually buy the Sunday Times!

edit. Yes I got the cd. Not listened yet.

Gravy

1 minute ago, blandy said:

Also the paper is decorating paper, to use to keep paint off table tops etc. The mags are for reading. I wouldn’t actually buy the Sunday Times!

Did you get the CD or has it been robbed before you brought it

Edited by Follyfoot

7 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

, I thought I had found a parallel universe

My planet also uses the earth’s time and date system, so we know when to visit your chip shops.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’m none the wiser after the new angle. It must be an alternate timeline thing.

The ones on the left are "after" and the ones on the right are "before" - so yeah, actually timeline is right.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

My planet also uses the earth’s time and date system, so we know when to visit your chip shops.

Reminds me of when I moved from Brum to Leeds. 

Birmingham fish and chips shops sold two or three different types of fish (e.g. cod, haddock, plaice), fishcakes, chips, peas, saveloys, pickled eggs, maybe roast chicken, etc. Opening hours: every day, lunchtimes and evenings. 

Leeds fish and chip shops sold haddock and chips. Maybe fishcakes or peas. That was your lot. Opening hours: possibly two lunchtimes, three evenings - if you were lucky. Different shops, different days. 

Took some getting used to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Took some getting used to. 

I know. I moved to Cornwall from the West Midlands and had the same kind of shock. The house was opposite 2 pubs separated by a chippy (prime spot, for sure) in a Cornish Village. At not long after chippy opening time I went over the road to the chippy for the first time. No one else in. I was expecting to order m'tea and be out of there in maybe 5 minutes or so.

No.

It took absolutely ages to get my food. Just so...Cornish...bit of a chat, then after 5 minutes or so, finally "what would you like?"....5 minutes more chat - still no one else in the shop....bit more chat. Put the fish in, shuffle some chips about...5 minutes more, take the fish out, add the chips and salt & Vinegar...wrap them slowly....chat some more. All totally friendly and endearing, but I nearly wasted away.

But by a few years later on trips back home it was reversed, and I'd be all "why is everyone rushing around madly all the time. Slow down, I can't take it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/05/2020 at 18:19, sidcow said:

On the subject of Beans, anyone else noticed how Heinz keep increasing the sauce content and reducing beans? When you open a tin of Heinz it looks more like a tin of bean soup now.  You can pour away for LITERALLY 10 minutes before a bean falls out. 

I try avoiding Heinz as much as reasonably possible following their closure of the HP factory in Aston anyway, just my little personal protest. 

Branston Beans are just as good if not better and actually fill their tins up with beans. 

Going back to this. 
I’ve always been a Heinz Beans man. But recently have been noticing how much sauce is in the tin, so much so that it floods the plate.

I thought I’d go against my norm, and purchase Asda own. Wow what a difference. The plate was not flooded. 

I’m a convert will be saving money on these in future 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Going back to this. 
I’ve always been a Heinz Beans man. But recently have been noticing how much sauce is in the tin, so much so that it floods the plate.

I thought I’d go against my norm, and purchase Asda own. Wow what a difference. The plate was not flooded. 

I’m a convert will be saving money on these in future 

AY MAY ZING. 

I got back from Asda about 20 minutes ago with a half size tin of their beans to try. 

• Like 1

time to get radical 

Breakfast - Dinner - Tea 

Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner

if you miss breakfast is it ‘brunch’ or ‘brinner’

does ‘supper’ come into it 

?????????

Did anyone visit the Great British Eatery fish and chip shop when it was around in Brum about 10 years back. Genuinely the best fish n chips i've ever had. It all went a bit pear shaped as it went under and the owners jailed for a boiler room fraud, but still, the fish was bloody delicious. 

Anyway, they did cod as standard with haddock and plaice on order. We used to go every Friday, 3 of us from the office, and one of my mates always ordered the plaice. What a shit fish! Flat as a pancake. Never understood that choice. 

I was in Bangkok when one of the lads texted me to say it had ceased trading. I was gutted. Ruined my evening. Had to throw the 5 pole-dancers out of my room and take a moment to reflect. 

RIP to the GBE

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I know. I moved to Cornwall from the West Midlands and had the same kind of shock. The house was opposite 2 pubs separated by a chippy (prime spot, for sure) in a Cornish Village. At not long after chippy opening time I went over the road to the chippy for the first time. No one else in. I was expecting to order m'tea and be out of there in maybe 5 minutes or so.

No.

It took absolutely ages to get my food. Just so...Cornish...bit of a chat, then after 5 minutes or so, finally "what would you like?"....5 minutes more chat - still no one else in the shop....bit more chat. Put the fish in, shuffle some chips about...5 minutes more, take the fish out, add the chips and salt & Vinegar...wrap them slowly....chat some more. All totally friendly and endearing, but I nearly wasted away.

But by a few years later on trips back home it was reversed, and I'd be all "why is everyone rushing around madly all the time. Slow down, I can't take it"

It's because of the time difference in Cornwall which most people are not aware of. 

For example when it's 4.30pm in Birmingham, in Cornwall it's still 1952. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

time to get radical 

Breakfast - Dinner - Tea 
Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner
if you miss breakfast is it ‘brunch’ or ‘brinner’

does ‘supper’ come into it 

?????????

Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner

Tea is a drink

Why? Because i'm not a northerner! 

Brunch and supper? Nah. Any other food is a snack outside of the 3 aforementioned meals. 

Just now, sidcow said:

It's because of the time difference in Cornwall which most people are not aware of. 

For example when it's 4.30pm in Birmingham, in Cornwall it's 1952 still. 

Is slavery still a thing down there?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner

Tea is a drink

Why? Because i'm not a northerner! 

Brunch and supper? Nah. Any other food is a snack outside of the 3 aforementioned meals. 

What about dinner ladies at school ???

• Like 1

Â